Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
Strange. He seemed to be rattled, nervous, on edge...whatever....right from the opening drive, with it's multiple bad throws, right through to that last drive, that left most of us Steeler fans stunned by the uncharacteristic fizzle-out look of our offense in tat situation He just never did seem to get into his Ben-zone as he usually does. Someone on here suggested he played with a concussion. I can't vouch for that but his spastic play surely appeared to some to be a result of a degree of brain trauma. Even Ben being locked into one guy and missing an open Heath is uncharacteristic.

I'll also add that I felt Capers should be credited with putting together a good anti-Ben-magic game plan and his players did a good job executing their assignments imo
Ben for the most part does not do well in the biggest stage of all - the SB.
Out of three SBs, he played badly for 2-1/2 games.
But at the same time, they made the SBs with the help of Ben's play in the reg. season and the playoffs. So we'll have to live with what we have. I was hoping this SB was to be his "breakout game" in the SB. But was not the case. With the way the whole season started last offseason to now, maybe it was fitting to him to play badly in the last game.
Here's hope he has a nice offseason, and start fresh.
We all know God-dell was praying that he does not have to hand the Lombardi trophy to the Steelers.