Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those about to hang themselves...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For those about to hang themselves...

Just a thought folks. We've had problems folks and this year we resolved a lot of our previous season's woes.

1) Poor redzone attack on the ground? Solved, are improvement in efficiency this year was a considerable step up, with both Mendy and Redman coupled with some good inventive play calling by our OC (proof? our 2-point conversion last night).

2) Poor OL play? Fired coordinator, bring in a really great coach and draft a pro-bowl center. Instant upgrade because we found some really good cohesion, even when our line became patchwork as the season went on. How many teams really get all the way to the SB with both their starting tackles out for most of the season?

3) Poor depth at WR? Fixed with the emergence of two stud rookies contributing as well as being present in the return game. With names like Walter Young, Cedric Wilson, Willie Reid... we finally have some viable talent to help Ben execute.

What I'm saying is that there are a lot of areas we've improved in that were glaring problems in season's past. We will re-sign Woodley and Ike. We need to get a stud DB coach and some viable prospects and this team will be contending again next year. Step away from the ledge brothers and sisters... we are fortunate we have a great team and will be in the thick of things again next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: For those about to hang themselves...

Im just so sick
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

You're right. We made major improvements on the offensive side of the ball but Arians is still the one attacked.

Our defensive scheme has been exposed and despite misleading statistics we struggle against good QBs because it is a passing league and we don't draft good man to man cover DBs. That needs to change.

I'd rather give up more yards in the rushing game to get better at stopping the pass.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    You're right. We made major improvements on the offensive side of the ball but Arians is still the one attacked.

Our defensive scheme has been exposed and despite misleading statistics we struggle against good QBs because it is a passing league and we don't draft good man to man cover DBs. That needs to change.

I'd rather give up more yards in the rushing game to get better at stopping the pass.
    This latter half of the season and especially in the post season, Arians has been calling some great games. Last night we just didn't make enough plays and turned the ball over too many times to weather the storm.

Starter

User Info Menu

2 things that I feel confident in saying: The Steelers will be back to the Super Bowl very soon and the league will fold before the Browns ever make an appearance in the big game.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    We've had problems folks and this year we resolved a lot of our previous season's woes.
    Excellent points. However, despite the addition of Pouncey we need some more O-Line help and our secondary reminds me of the Pirates three years ago....almost (other than Ike) no DB talent and none in the barn.
    As you said though we did improve in a couple of key areas.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We have done a poor job of drafting/developing secondary players. Need to find a few diamonds this draft that can be cut and polished for next season.

The Patriots starting secondary this year was 3 rookies and a second year player. Get it done Colbert.

Hopefully Horton gets fired. He hasn't developed a single secondary player worth a crap.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    We have done a poor job of drafting/developing secondary players. Need to find a few diamonds this draft that can be cut and polished for next season.

The Patriots starting secondary this year was 3 rookies and a second year player. Get it done Colbert.

Hopefully Horton gets fired. He hasn't developed a single secondary player worth a crap.
    Those rookies in the Patriots secondary helped them get a 14-2 record. Belichek will play rookies and LeBeau refuses to. If LeBeau's scheme is that freakin complicated that it continues to take 2-3 years to play then make him change it or change the DC.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

where was bellicheck yesterday?

oh yeah, sitting at home.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    where was bellicheck yesterday?

oh yeah, sitting at home.
    Along with the league MVP!