Thread: Advantage Packers?

Backup

User Info Menu

Advantage Packers?

I have heard many times this week how the turf in Dallas benefits the Pack.That it is perfect for them.With Wood and Deebo on the edge.Wallace,Sanders and Brown,Timmons
    and Troy we are not exactly slow.I don't see a disadvantage for us,not to mention Mendy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Advantage Packers?

If we use the proper formations and leave the tight ends off the field this could be a track meet.

Sanders and Brown may be the keys between winning and losing.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't know about leaving the TE's off the field. Miller can be a useful weapon.

Also, we're going to have to help with Clay Matthews. Flozell or J. Scott one on one is not something I was to see but a few times in the game. Motioning Miller to Matthews side will help out the tackles.

The other thing to kinda counter that argument is that both Mendenhall and Redman are both great at picking up the blitz, having them chip Clay will help a lot too.

Legend

User Info Menu

By tight ends I mean Speath and Johnson.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben has an 8-3 career record (2-0 post season) and a 94.2 quarterback rating indoors (including a perfect 158.3 rating against the Rams and a 147.3 against the Falcons) He's no slouch. True, Aaron Rodgers' quarterback rating indoors is an impressive 111.5

Mike Wallace is the fastest man on the field. Our receiver corps is overall much quicker and faster than Green Bay's. Last I heard, that's an advantage on Turf.

Rashard Mendenhall is also quicker and faster than the rookie RB James Starks. Mendenhall ran a 4.45 at the combine his rookie year (unofficially timed at 4.36), while Starks ran a 4.52. Starks is an up-right runner and relies on the cut-back, while Mendenhall runs lower to the ground and is more shifty...he can stop on a dime.

None of Green bay's linebackers are as fast as Timmons and maybe even Harrison. Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu's only fast track competition in Green Bay's secondary is Sam Shields.

Where's the Green Bay advantage? If anything, it would seem we have the advantage.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sorry but the turf does not benefit the Packers. As much respect as those Packers WRs get...ours are faster. Our QB has a huge arm, and we can pass with the best teams in the league when motivated to do so. I want to see the Packers try to keep up with Wallace or Brown on turf. Good luck with that.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz
    I don't know about leaving the TE's off the field. Miller can be a useful weapon.

Also, we're going to have to help with Clay Matthews. Flozell or J. Scott one on one is not something I was to see but a few times in the game. Motioning Miller to Matthews side will help out the tackles.

The other thing to kinda counter that argument is that both Mendenhall and Redman are both great at picking up the blitz, having them chip Clay will help a lot too.
    Agreed. After reading that article on our trips sets we all know how valuable a guy like Miller is in those situations.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

The only advantage GB has is hype and a ton of bandwagon fans who can't stand the Steelers.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    The only advantage GB has is hype and a ton of bandwagon fans who can't stand the Steelers.

I am amazed at how consistently the sports media is coming out against the Steelers. It is like being the AFC #2 seed and having the amount of recent SB experience we have is worth absolutely nothing.

Should we just forfeit right now?