Thread: 18-0 Green Bay Packers??

Starter

User Info Menu

18-0 Green Bay Packers??

Since when did the 10-6 Packers, who lost to Miami, Detroit and Chicago (sorry but I can't buy into the Bears success), become the unbeatable 18-0 Packers that outmatch us in every aspect of the game? I have heard their QB is better, their receivers are better, their O line is better, their DB's are better, their DL is better. They know how to beat us, and they are picked to beat us.

I just don't see it, they were a 6 seed in the weaker NFC and we are the 2nd seed in the AFC. I agree we haven't had luck against the Patriots in recent years, but the Packers aren't the Patriots.

Can someone please explain what I am missing?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 18-0 Green Bay Packers??

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Since when did the 10-6 Packers, who lost to Miami, Detroit and Chicago (sorry but I can't buy into the Bears success), become the unbeatable 18-0 Packers that outmatch us in every aspect of the game? I have heard their QB is better, their receivers are better, their O line is better, their DB's are better, their DL is better. They know how to beat us, and they are picked to beat us.

I just don't see it, they were a 6 seed in the weaker NFC and we are the 2nd seed in the AFC. I agree we haven't had luck against the Patriots in recent years, but the Packers aren't the Patriots.

Can someone please explain what I am missing?
    You're missing the fact they have to sell this game. There's a lot of money to be made if more people think the Steelers will lose. Fans of other teams hate us and could care less about the Packers, so if they say we are going to lose, they'll watch it longer. And the fact that we love to keep the score close just enhances their theories most of the game, until the very end when we win.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This just in: Aaron Rodgers is God and Charles Woodson is Jesus. We have NO chance!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    This just in: Aaron Rodgers is God and Charles Woodson is Jesus. We have NO chance!
    I heard Woodson blesses the rest of the secondary before the game. No wonder they play at such a high level!

Starter

User Info Menu

I think Mel Gibson was describing Aaron Rodgers with this nifty little speech: “Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English (Steelers) with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse”

Backup

User Info Menu

A couple of weeks ago New England was unbeatable, before that, it was the Eagles, the Ravens, etc.

And look where they are now.