Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pouncey in or out???

Backup

User Info Menu

Pouncey in or out???

ESPN says out, Post says 50-50 chance, Steelers list as questionable, WTF!!! If he is out why wouldn't the Steelers simply say he is out, if he has a broken bone how can he be ready to play? This all smells of gamesmanship to me, do you guys think Tomlin is holding back on the injury report to keep the Packers guessing or is there a legitimate shot he can play? Or are both in play?

I believe we NEED Pouncey and am really hopeful he can go, but all this speculation and unconfirmed reporting is driving me nuts!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Pouncey in or out???

After seeing him struggle making it down the steps of the plane today and on crutches...I'd have to say he is out.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

He is out. Just like hoping Aaron Smith will play...it's a dream

Backup

User Info Menu

He's out. This is gamesmanship(and good stuff at that). And the Steelers CAN win without Pouncey. This Team has been getting it done with missing pieces all season long. One final test for the O-line that i will call Job.

Steelers. ALL THE WAY

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers' Pouncey says there is a 75 percent chance he will play

By Jason La Canfora NFL Network
    NFL Network Insider
    Updated: Feb. 1, 2011 at 03:02 p.m.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Maurkice Pouncey and coach Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers are optimistic that the injured Pro Bowl center will play in Super Bowl XLV on Sunday against the Green Bay Packers, with Pouncey telling NFL Network he believes he has a 75 percent chance of playing.

"I'm defintely not going to count that young man out," Tomlin said of Pouncey on Tuesday. "I don't think anything he's done this year would lead you to believe that he's incapable of showing up. So we're going to give him every opportunity to do so."

Pouncey, who sustained what he termed a high left ankle sprain during the Steelers' AFC Championship Game victory over the New York Jets on Jan. 23, said the ankle is out of a cast and he believes he will "most definitely" play on Sunday.

"My mind right now is stuck on playing," Pouncey told NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders. "I'm preparing the right way for the Green Bay Packers, and we'll see how it goes."

Pouncey wore a walking boot at Tuesday's media day at Cowboys Stadium. He said his treatment is going well, and he expects to practice Thursday or Friday.

"I'm doing a lot of ice and stuff," Pouncey said. "Hopefully I'll be on the bike today moving around a lot better."

[url="http://www.nfl.com/superbowl45/story/09000d5d81e0b772/article/steelers-pouncey-says-there-is-a-75-percent-chance-he-will-play"]http://www.nfl.com/superbowl45/story/09 ... -will-play[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    After seeing him struggle making it down the steps of the plane today and on crutches...I'd have to say he is out.
    If he plays, screw the Rookie of the Year Award. He deserves to win an Oscar for Best Actor.

No way do I see them risking the cornerstone of the OL for the next decade.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    If he plays, screw the Rookie of the Year Award. He deserves to win an Oscar for Best Actor.

No way do I see them risking the cornerstone of the OL for the next decade.
    True... but you never know if you are going to get another chance at a SB. Sure it seems like we will be back every 2 years but you never know.

If he can go... he will go.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pouncey said 75-25% chance that he'll play. He stated it to Chris Berman at media day. But he's most likley being optimistic and Tomlin will think it's less likely.

Legend

User Info Menu

Patriots never got a chance to Pounce

FEB 1
    By Mike Reiss

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey thought there was a good chance the New England Patriots would select him in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

He had visited with Bill Belichick three times and also taken a visit to Gillette Stadium. Few teams had shown such intense interest in the pre-draft process.

But the Patriots didn't have a chance to select Pouncey because the Steelers pounced with the 18th overall pick. While the Patriots didn't get Maurkice -- one of the NFL's top rookie performers in 2010 -- they could now target his identical twin brother Mike, who is a top-rated interior lineman in this year's draft.

"He is a heck of a player," Maurkice Pouncey said this afternoon at Super Bowl Media Day. "If teams don't see that on film, then I don't know what they are looking at."

One of the knocks on Mike Pouncey is that he struggled with the shotgun snap in 2010 as he moved from guard to center to replace Maurkice at Florida. But Maurkice believes those were standard type issues for any first-year center.

Maurkice Pouncey has been a big story here at the Super Bowl after he sustained a high ankle sprain in the AFC Championship against the Jets. He is not expected to play in the Super Bowl but is holding out hope that he has a chance.

As for his pre-draft meetings with Belichick last year, Pouncey smiled.

"He was a joking-around kind of dude," he said. "I don't know why everybody takes him so seriously."

[url="http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4692682/patriots-never-got-a-chance-to-pounce"]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engl ... -to-pounce[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

No way he plays. But GB has extra work preparing for him.