Thread: Texas Facing Stripper Shortage Leading up to Super Bowl

Legend

User Info Menu

Texas Facing Stripper Shortage Leading up to Super Bowl

Texas Facing Stripper Shortage Leading up to Super Bowl

January 28, 2011
    By Nina Mandell

TMZ.com reported that some strip clubs surrounding Cowboys stadium are looking for an additional 10,000 girls to entertain the overwhelming crowds expected during the Packers-Steelers matchup.

According to the website, Arlington city officials are expecting 300,000 visitors over Super Bowl weekend.

John Walsh, the manager of one local strip club, told the website he's looking for another 100-120 dancers that week.

Read more: [url="http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/01/28/texas-facing-stripper-shortage-leading-super-bowl#ixzz1CRxbV8K6"]http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/ ... z1CRxbV8K6[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Texas Facing Stripper Shortage Leading up to Super Bowl

looking for an additional 10,000 girls
    I am buying stock in Vanilla body spray.

Legend

User Info Menu

first a stripper shortage and now a possible Iron City beer shortage? what is this world coming to?

Iron City stockpile blitzed

By Bob Bauder, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Saturday, January 29, 2011

The youngest fans
    Justin Merriman | Tribune-Review

Stephanie Sanchez is having nightmares about Iron City Beer.

"I get so many calls every day about Iron City that they're haunting me," said Sanchez, secretary for El Dorado Distributing in Signal Hill, Calif., near Long Beach. Dozens of calls come in daily from customers wanting the iconic Pittsburgh beer now brewed in Latrobe.

"Sales have tripled, easy," said El Dorado President Dan Root. "Monday morning, we came in and there were tons of messages from fans of the beer and fans of the Steelers, asking where can they find it. We have people coming in from Northern California to pick it up. A lot of our retailers that have a license to ship it to other states are selling it like crazy."

Timothy Hickman, president of Iron City Brewing Co., said sales typically increase during football season. Sales spike when the Steelers make the playoffs. A Steelers Super Bowl appearance is a boon for the company. When the team made it two years ago, sales increased 12 percent, Hickman said.

He said tallies aren't in for this year, but sales are up in the company's core area (180 miles around Pittsburgh) and in the 19 states where Iron City products are distributed, more than a week before the Steelers face the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV.

"Iron City and Pittsburgh football go back a long way," he said. "When the Steelers do well, we experience an uptick in the sales of our product. One of the things we've seen is as the Pittsburgh nation expands, so does Iron City."

Hickman said some shortages exist in the company's outer market, including California, but there is plenty of Iron available. The company upped production for the Super Bowl, he said.

Since the playoffs started, people have been showing up at the El Dorado warehouse and knocking on the office door, hoping for some Iron to sip during the big game in Dallas, Root said. El Dorado can sell only to retailers, but the retailers are starting to run out.

Root said he has four pallets with 60 cases each left in the warehouse. He won't be able to get more until mid-February.

Joe Vranich of Irvine, Calif., said he's been drinking Iron City since leaving Pittsburgh in 1970. He's planning a Super Bowl party and said he was fortunate to do his beer shopping early. Only eight six packs remained at his local beer store. He took five.

"The clerk said I was lucky to get it, because they would probably be running out," Vranich said. "Knowing how loyal Pittsburghers are, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a run on this beer."

The beer is selling well in its core market, according to local distributors.

Ken Vecenie, owner of Vecenie Distributing Co. in Millvale, a master Iron City distributor, said sales are up about 20 percent over this time last year.

"If the Steelers are in the playoffs, business is good after the holidays, where traditionally you see a fall-off," he said. "Go Steelers!"

People heading to the Super Bowl would be wise to take Iron City with them. The beer is not distributed in Texas.

"We've had people calling all week, asking if we had Iron City," said Mike Quinn, owner of Malarkey's Tavern, a Steelers bar in Dallas. "We just can't sell it."

Read more: Iron City stockpile blitzed - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review [url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720405.html#ixzz1CSQOeAvE"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1CSQOeAvE[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

If any stripper wants to buy me SuperBowl tix, I'll take em.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    If any stripper wants to buy me SuperBowl tix, I'll take em.
    That would require quite a few of her vast collection of one dollar bills... :P
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.