Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Revis: Jets lost because they had post-NE hangover

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Revis: Jets lost because they had post-NE hangover

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    They must have been inciting the fans to a degree. Now the part about the little old lady giving them the evil eye is probably true. But, by and large, the fans are respectful if you're respectful to them. Steeler fans for the most part know their football and if engaged in good natured fun you'll remember the experience as a positive one.

If you act like an @ssclown, the Steeler fans will beat you down and rightfully so.

Of course, as with any teams' fans the Steelers have their @ssh0le fans as well and you can't avoid them.

Pappy
    These guys are talking out of their backsides. I'm sure they got ribbed a bit, and I'd almost be shocked if nobody did throw a few snowballs, but from what I've seen, Steelers fans are generally respectful of those from opposing teams. It sounds like they took personally pregame smack talk directed towards the Jets generally.

They really lost all credibility when they tried to compare Pittsburgh to Philadelphia. I was at the Packers/Eagles game, and to even suggest that Pittsburgh fans compare to Philadelphia is a joke. Two packers fans, minding their own business and saying nothing after the game, had an Eagles fan run up and throw a beer in their face, point blank, completely unprovoked. And then there were the Packers fans who had their car trashed in the parking lot.

Philadelphia fans are a nasty, mean-spirited bunch. I've never been to a Jets or Giants game, but the Yankees fans can also be pretty nasty, and I've never seen them play much of a rival.

These guys are just embarrassed that they traveled from NY to see their team get completely outclassed.
    There it is; the Steelers were better in week 15 and they were better when it counted in the AFCCG.

If you act like @ssclown, you'll get treated like an @ssclown. If you act like a fan of your team, you'll get treated as a fan of your team and probably be invited to tailgate and such.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    They must have been inciting the fans to a degree. Now the part about the little old lady giving them the evil eye is probably true. But, by and large, the fans are respectful if you're respectful to them. Steeler fans for the most part know their football and if engaged in good natured fun you'll remember the experience as a positive one.

If you act like an @ssclown, the Steeler fans will beat you down and rightfully so.

Of course, as with any teams' fans the Steelers have their @ssh0le fans as well and you can't avoid them.

Pappy
    These guys are talking out of their backsides. I'm sure they got ribbed a bit, and I'd almost be shocked if nobody did throw a few snowballs, but from what I've seen, Steelers fans are generally respectful of those from opposing teams. It sounds like they took personally pregame smack talk directed towards the Jets generally.

They really lost all credibility when they tried to compare Pittsburgh to Philadelphia. I was at the Packers/Eagles game, and to even suggest that Pittsburgh fans compare to Philadelphia is a joke. Two packers fans, minding their own business and saying nothing after the game, had an Eagles fan run up and throw a beer in their face, point blank, completely unprovoked. And then there were the Packers fans who had their car trashed in the parking lot.

Philadelphia fans are a nasty, mean-spirited bunch. I've never been to a Jets or Giants game, but the Yankees fans can also be pretty nasty, and I've never seen them play much of a rival.

These guys are just embarrassed that they traveled from NY to see their team get completely outclassed.
    dont think anything is as bad as philly.

packer fans wouldnt be bothered in NY.

but with division rivals (eagles, cowboys, Pats) there be more then a few fights

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Am I missing something? It didn't sound like they were being critical of the Steelers fans. They more or less was giving props to the team and the city. I'm from Pittsburgh, and I've went to lots of games, and the fans were rowdy and rude. Not all, or even most, but there were drunk and out of control people, just like any other stadium.

I don't have any problem with what the reporter said. He sounds a little bit jealous to me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There was a steeler fan on the Jets site after the game bragging about him and some friends throwing snowballs and dumping beer on Jet fans. I told him it was pretty classless but he didn't seem to care. It just goes to show that we all have a few who just don't get it.

I don't take what Revis said as an excuse why the Jets lost. I think there is some truth to it. They were so intent on beating the hated *'s that they forgot they had more games to play. I still don't think they would have beaten us but if they hadn't come out so flat the game would have been closer throughout. The ending would have been the same with the Steelers going to the SB.

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Feb 02, 2011

Steelers Larry Foote: 'We thank' the Jets for starting slow in AFC title game

By Tim Gardner, USA TODAY

The Pittsburgh Steelers are preparing to play in Super Bowl XLV on Sunday thanks to a 24-19 victory over the New York Jets in the AFC Championship game.

The Steelers jumped out to a 24-0 lead on the Jets in the first half before holding on for the victory and a spot in Sunday's big game vs. the Green Bay Packers.

"We were more prepared (than the Jets)," Steelers linebacker Larry Foote said, according to the New York Daily News. "Why on Earth they made the excuse that they started slow . . . I don't know. I don't know why any team would start slow in the AFC Championship Game. You should be more fired up than any other game. Those guys said they weren't fired up and ready to play. And we thank them for it."

The Jets, who had trash-talked their way to a victory over the New England Patriots in the division playoffs, quieted down during the week leading up to the AFC title game against the Steelers.

Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders said Tuesday at Super Bowl Media Day that was a smart move -- even though it might not have worked.

"They were trash-talking to the Patriots," Sanders said. "But we got some guys on this team that if you start talking trash to us, we're going to come out and smack you in the mouth. We have that kind of swagger. Okay, you talk smack. Okay, we're going to bring the 'A' Game."

The Steelers, too, largely kept quiet to the media before the Jets game. But, according to Foote, that doesn't mean they weren't talking trash on the field.

"We talk just as much as any other team," Foote said. "We just don't do it through the media. When we get on the field, they hear us chirping. Talking is just part of it. It's fun. But during the week, we don't need to do that. We've been there and done it. We know teams are worried about us."

After the victory, head coach Mike Tomlin lobbed a jab at the team they just took down.

"Next time we play these guys, I'm sure it will be personal for them," Tomlin said, referencing Jets head coach Rex Ryan's comments before the Patriots game.

Sanders, meanwhile, knows the Jets will be coming at the Steelers hard next season.

"Of course, they're going to come after us next year," Sanders said. "We just knocked them out of the AFC Championship Game. So there's definitely going to be a chip on their shoulder. In my opinion, it's becoming a big-time rivalry."

[url="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/steelers-larry-foote-we-thank-the-jets-for-starting-slow-in-afc-title-game/1"]http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... tle-game/1[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha