Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2010 AFCC – Jets

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Redundant Thoughts 2010 AFCC – Jets

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Redundant - Great post as usual.

I thought Ben played good despite his 35 rating. The pick he threw was a bit surprising. NY pass defense is pretty damn good. Losing Pouncey killed us in the second half IMO. The goal line stand was incredible. And the two third down conversion to ice the game were just plain clutch.
    We will have to put two solid halves together to get #7. Good second half v. the Ravens, relatively bad second half v. the Jets. GB will be a similar matchup to the Jets, I think. They have great corners and a stout front 7. Rodgers will give our D some problems. If we shut their run game down and Ben "does what he does", the Steelers should be hoisting #7!!!
    All the sports media types are picking up on the "stats don't tell the tale on what Ben is doing" line now. Ben is being referred to as "elite" ... unless you are Warren Sapp who apparently defines elite via statistics alone (except Super Bowl rings of course).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Boom Box Brown
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Oddly, GB played a similar game to us. Crushed Chitown in the first half, then turtled in the second. They darn near lost that game to a 3rd string QB.
    Second half performances out of both teams were weird to say the least. If we dominated the second half like we did the first, I think we are a 2-point favorite today.