Thread: How lucky are we to be Pittsburgh Steelers fans?

Legend

User Info Menu

How lucky are we to be Pittsburgh Steelers fans?

seriously, this will be the Steelers' 3rd Super Bowl appearance in 6 years and we already own 6 Lombardis...we take this stuff for granted but our team just plain spoils us.

a lot of my friends' teams have never even smelled a Super Bowl game, I feel very lucky and proud to be a member of Steeler Nation!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: How lucky are we to be Pittsburgh Steelers fans?

Ditto!!! I really believe with Ben this team could actually go on a run an win a couple in a row too.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

One win away from our second dynasty.

Legend

User Info Menu

I told SASF Jr. that same very thing tonight. "You are very fortunate to be a fan of a team that has won 2 SBs, and is on their way to play for a 3rd, in your 'youth'" (I get brownie points for not saying "when you were a kid!).

Also, he knows I was a fan when they were, ahem, not consistently playoff quality. So he's got that lesson too - don't be a bandwagoner!

HERE WE GO!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Cherish every moment of it. Back during the Super Bowl years of the 70's, I had no idea it would be another quarter of a century before we would hoist another Lombardi. It's a rare feat...and to win multiple SB's within 2 or 3 years, even rarer. Savor the moment, and GO STEELERS!

Legend

User Info Menu

Peter King is right, it is "cool" to be a Steelers fan!

King on the Packers-Steelers Super Bowl: “It’s Just Cool”

January 24th, 2011 Matt Loede

SI columnist Peter King this morning had the following tidbit about the Super matchup 13 days from now, and the history lesson that everyone will get when the two teams meet in Dallas for Super Bowl XLV.

The Packers were born in 1921 and the Rooney family bought a franchise in Pittsburgh in 1933 (the Pirates then, and renamed the Steelers in 1940). In the 45-year history of Super Bowls, there’s never been one with such history. Never has there been a title game with two teams more than 75 years old. And never has there been a matchup of teams with as many Super Bowl titles — Pittsburgh six, Green Bay three.

Steelers-Packers. It’s just cool.

[url="http://www.steelersgab.com/"]http://www.steelersgab.com/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Peter King is right, it is "cool" to be a Steelers fan!

King on the Packers-Steelers Super Bowl: “It’s Just Cool”

January 24th, 2011 Matt Loede

SI columnist Peter King this morning had the following tidbit about the Super matchup 13 days from now, and the history lesson that everyone will get when the two teams meet in Dallas for Super Bowl XLV.

The Packers were born in 1921 and the Rooney family bought a franchise in Pittsburgh in 1933 (the Pirates then, and renamed the Steelers in 1940). In the 45-year history of Super Bowls, there’s never been one with such history. Never has there been a title game with two teams more than 75 years old. And never has there been a matchup of teams with as many Super Bowl titles — Pittsburgh six, Green Bay three.

Steelers-Packers. It’s just cool.

[url="http://www.steelersgab.com/"]http://www.steelersgab.com/[/url]
    I was thinking about this very thing today. Its just a good Super Bowl for the two fan bases, which are very widespread. Obviously though:

Steeler Nation > Cheesehead Nation

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Very lucky! A chance to see a second dynasty in my lifetime? Wow. Granted I was pretty young the first time around. We are very spoiled, but every fan I have ever known BLEEDS the Black & Gold!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!