Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT: Jay Cutler quit

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: OT: Jay Cutler quit

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Cutler for McNabb is more likely.

McNabb's new deal is almost all base salary. Makes sense for the Bears.
    McNabb sucks just as bad. .

Irongut

Absolutely no way. Cutler is going nowhere. Certainly not for McNabb.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irongut

Absolutely no way. Cutler is going nowhere. Certainly not for McNabb.

McNabb is far worse. The Bears would be nuts to do that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting article regarding Cutler (whether you like Rick Reilly or not he has some real life examples of why Cutler is considered such a douche).

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986[/url]

I don't feel bad for Cutler in the least. He brought this on himself. This same injury happens to Ben, Brady, Sanchez (after only 2 years) and no one is questioning their heart. This is as much as indication of how people feel about him personally as questioning his toughness.

I've never liked him and glad he's not a Steeler. No bowl games in college, losing record in Denver (they couldn't wiat to get rid of him), and the Bears D carried him in Chicago. I've never seen a more miserable multi-millionaire who dates hot chicks and has a fairy tale life.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wait a minute, why hasn't Cutler been suspended if he's a jerk to people?

Legend

User Info Menu

I always liked John Lynch, now I like him even more.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Passionate Madden defends Cutler’s toughness, demeanor

Posted by Mike Florio on January 28, 2011

Hall of Fame coach John Madden joined Adam Schein and Rich Gannon of Sirius NFL Radio on Thursday to discuss the hottest issue of the week — the injury to Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, whether he could have played with the injury, and whether his demeanor suggested that he cared about the fact that he was missing the second half of the biggest game of his life.

In defending Cutler, Madden was passionate, emotional, and as angry as we’ve ever heard him.

“I’ve been in football for over 50 years,” Madden said, prefacing his remarks. “I’ve never questioned a player’s toughness. I never have. Whether it was in coaching, broadcasting, whatever.”

Madden then turned to Cutler specifically.

“There’s no one in the NFL that has a tougher job to do than Jay Cutler,” Madden said. “I think playing quarterback in the NFL is the toughest thing you can do. I think throwing a forward pass and having guys rushing you and hitting you when you’re looking downfield and throwing the ball is the toughest act you have to do.”

Madden explained that Cutler plays with Type I diabetes, what that means, and what it requires. After that, Madden got pissed.

“And then people are looking at him, they put a camera on him, and they say they don’t like his demeanor,” Madden said. “Demeanor hell!”

We don’t use exclamation points lightly. In this specific case, based on the volume with which the words were delivered, we probably should have used three or four of them after the word “hell”.

“Live a day in his shoes,” Madden said. “Type I diabetes is not a daytime thing. It’s not a week thing. It’s not a month thing. It’s a life thing. And it’s every day, and it’s every day for 24 hours.”

Madden, whose grandson suffers from Type I diabetes, said that Cutler is a role model to kids with the disease, and that Cutler necessarily is tough because of what he does and the realities of the illness from which he suffers.

(He’s also tough because, as we’ve pointed out this week, he played the bulk of the 2007 season suffering from the disease and not knowing it, losing more than 30 pounds during the season.)

Schein then raised with Madden whether it would have been wise for the Bears to be more direct and candid about the fact that Cutler wasn’t returning to the game, and Madden explained that, if a players is out due to injury, the potential strategic gains from concealing the extent of injuries probably need to be set aside.

Through it all, Madden articulated his thoughts in the same plainspoken yet powerful way that made him beloved as a broadcaster. Nearly two years after his retirement, the comments were reminder of what the NFL is missing with Madden no longer serving as perhaps the greatest ambassador to the fans the league has ever had.

And hearing him talk about the game he loved makes us hopeful that he’ll stand up on behalf of the fans some point soon and insist that the league and the players work out their differences so that the game he loves may continue.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/28/passionate-madden-defends-cutlers-toughness-demeanor/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -demeanor/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

What was the final thing - was there a confirmed MRI tear?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Passionate Madden defends Cutler’s toughness, demeanor

Posted by Mike Florio on January 28, 2011

Hall of Fame coach John Madden joined Adam Schein and Rich Gannon of Sirius NFL Radio on Thursday to discuss the hottest issue of the week — the injury to Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, whether he could have played with the injury, and whether his demeanor suggested that he cared about the fact that he was missing the second half of the biggest game of his life.

In defending Cutler, Madden was passionate, emotional, and as angry as we’ve ever heard him.

“I’ve been in football for over 50 years,” Madden said, prefacing his remarks. “I’ve never questioned a player’s toughness. I never have. Whether it was in coaching, broadcasting, whatever.”

Madden then turned to Cutler specifically.

“There’s no one in the NFL that has a tougher job to do than Jay Cutler,” Madden said. “I think playing quarterback in the NFL is the toughest thing you can do. I think throwing a forward pass and having guys rushing you and hitting you when you’re looking downfield and throwing the ball is the toughest act you have to do.”

Madden explained that Cutler plays with Type I diabetes, what that means, and what it requires. After that, Madden got pissed.

“And then people are looking at him, they put a camera on him, and they say they don’t like his demeanor,” Madden said. “Demeanor hell!”

We don’t use exclamation points lightly. In this specific case, based on the volume with which the words were delivered, we probably should have used three or four of them after the word “hell”.

“Live a day in his shoes,” Madden said. “Type I diabetes is not a daytime thing. It’s not a week thing. It’s not a month thing. It’s a life thing. And it’s every day, and it’s every day for 24 hours.”

Madden, whose grandson suffers from Type I diabetes, said that Cutler is a role model to kids with the disease, and that Cutler necessarily is tough because of what he does and the realities of the illness from which he suffers.

(He’s also tough because, as we’ve pointed out this week, he played the bulk of the 2007 season suffering from the disease and not knowing it, losing more than 30 pounds during the season.)

Schein then raised with Madden whether it would have been wise for the Bears to be more direct and candid about the fact that Cutler wasn’t returning to the game, and Madden explained that, if a players is out due to injury, the potential strategic gains from concealing the extent of injuries probably need to be set aside.

Through it all, Madden articulated his thoughts in the same plainspoken yet powerful way that made him beloved as a broadcaster. Nearly two years after his retirement, the comments were reminder of what the NFL is missing with Madden no longer serving as perhaps the greatest ambassador to the fans the league has ever had.

And hearing him talk about the game he loved makes us hopeful that he’ll stand up on behalf of the fans some point soon and insist that the league and the players work out their differences so that the game he loves may continue.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/28/passionate-madden-defends-cutlers-toughness-demeanor/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -demeanor/[/url]