Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn State

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Penn State

what the hell is going on with Penn State? Jerry Sandusky gets 40 charges of sexual abuse and corruption of minors. Joe Pa told school officials (but not authorities) and the school officials LIED during the investigation.. How guilty is Joe Pa? How much does it ruin his legacy? How much of a black stain does this put on the University? I'm floored by this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Penn State

Joe Pa never really saw anything himself to tell authorities and he took the case to his bosses, so he has no part in the cover up as far as I'm concerned. Curley, Schultze, and Spanier should all loose their jobs over this though. They are in the direct positions of being the ones to handle it and they are the ones that covered it up an lied about it.

It's extremely disappointing that they chose their buddy Sandusky over the innocence and safety of children.

The grad assistant who saw it happening I believe is also responsible for this not being handled sooner. He caught them in the act. There comes a point where you need to not worry about your future as far as a career goes and just do the right thing. He should have gone to the police immediately.

...and I just graduated from PSU a couple years ago, so this is pretty embarrassing to be associated with.

Legend

User Info Menu

The AD, PSU President Spanier, and Joe Paterno should all step down immediately. The VP already has done so. Not wait another day. How the AD and VP made the decision not to contact the police is indefensible. The PSU President is trained in family counceling with a focus on abuse and looked the other way to avoid scandal. He knew it was not being reported to the authorities. Systematic and intentional cover up.

This whole "I heard it was just horseplay" from Joe Pa is ridiculous. A grown man was naked in a a shower with a 10 year old sexually assaulting him. The only thing done was to tell Sandusky he couldn't bring kids from his charity on campus. What?? I don't know how any of these men sleep at night.

Here are the Grand Jury Findings if you have interest or wonder what could have been stopped if just one of these men had stepped up and taken the right course of action. I will warn you, this is one of the most brutal, vile things I've tried to read. I could not get through it due to the victim descriptions.

[url]http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just finished reading it. It's absolutely awful. It's such a pattern, and one that could have been stopped many times had people stepped up and done the right thing.

Police back in 1998 ignored that there was a problem and told him he should stop showering with kids after he admitted to showering with them and hugging them while naked.

A janitor saw him performing oral on a child and was crying he was so upset. A second janitor saw him in the shower with the kid too. The entire cleaning crew were more worried about possibly loosing their jobs than protecting children from a predator, and the incident was never reported to police. The guy who saw it reported it to his immediate supervisor, who ignored as well.

Mike McQueary, current PSU receivers coach and at the time the graduate assistant who was witness to Sandusky performing anal sex on one of the victims, ran away rather than protecting the child. He never reported anything to the police. Once again, a grown man chose his job over a child's safety and well-being. This is the one that has everybody else in trouble. It all could have been avoided had McQueary been a real man about it.

In my mind, McQueary is most at blame for all of this going on with the PSU people.

As far as the whole situation, it clearly falls on a lack of the police doing their job back in 1998. They should all face serious consequences for their part in several children becoming victims after they chose to do nothing.

Legend

User Info Menu

They should cut all state funding to Penn State as a result of this.

Everyone that has a federal college grant/loan for Penn State should be revoked.

They should shut down this sh!t hole university.

Penn State should never be allowed to participate in a college bowl game ever again.

Paterno should go to prison.

This coach and everyone that covered this up should be publicly sodomized and tortured.

We should turn them over to some 3rd world dictator.

And the university completely sucks. If they had any credibility whatsoever, they would have fired everyone already.

I'll never hire someone that graduated from Penn State again.

Their alumni should be ashamed.

OK, I know I'm a little over the top, but this is disgusting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Trust me, I am ashamed. Incredibly ashamed.

Plenty of people will say that these couple of men don't represent all of us. But guess what...they are the President and Vice President of the school. You damn well better believe they represent us.

I feel like an idiot because men who allow children to be raped run the school I just graduated from. I feel dirty. It makes me want to return my diploma.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's on big thing I don't understand - this isn't internet bravado, but if I see an old man sexually assaulting a 10 year old, I'm not running from the building crying like a school girl, I'm charging into the situation and wailing the F out of the degenerate bastard. Punches to the face first, questions later. He (grad coach) needed to call his dad and ask what to do

And maybe someon can answer this who knows more about PSU - why did Snadusky "retire" at 55? That's prime coaching years. I think someone at PSU knew more than they are letting on and they pushed him out to distance themselves from a monster.

Victim 9 stepped forward yesterday. How many more? This is the worst sports scandal of my lifetime (and I'm an old guy).

True (sick fact): Sandusky wrote an Autobiography called: Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story. How horrendously prophetic is that.....

Legend

User Info Menu

The whole idea of creating this Second Mile program as a rape factory for this guy is so sickening.

At a minimum this guy should be castrated immediately while he awaits his trial.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    The whole idea of creating this Second Mile program as a rape factory for this guy is so sickening.

At a minimum this guy should be castrated immediately while he awaits his trial.
    I volunteered with Second Mile while I was there. I hate knowing that I may have met some of these boys.

McQueary's actions baffle me. What I find even worse is that he admitted to showering and hugging a naked boy in 1998. The police told him to not do that anymore. It all should have been stopped 13 years ago, but was allowed to continue.

Every police officer involved in that needs to face charges as well, but no one is even talking about this part of it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just heard 100s of PSU students were rallying in the streets in support of JoePa and they didn't think it was fair he was fired.

I also heard his players gave him a standing ovation when he gave them a speech after he was fired.

I can't fathom anyone would support this scumbag. I guess football has higher value than humanity in State College.

The more I hear about this stuff, the more shocked I am. How so many could let this happen. And how so many people still support turning a blind eye.

Penn State has become the Catholic Church of NCAAF.

I can't help but wonder why these guys turned a blind eye? The only reason I can come up with is some of them may possibly have been guilty of the same offenses and didn't see a problem with it.

I wonder if other coaches and other school officials did anything inappropriate with these boys? Otherwise they should have been disgusted and acted accordingly.

Or were they simply having the same reaction as the PSU fans in the streets, worshiping JoePa and PSU football?

I feel icky thinking I've rooted for these assclowns.