Thread: "Make your mark cause we're coming back to here"??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Make your mark cause we're coming back to here"??

So Rex Ryan was telling his players to make their mark (like a dog marks it's territory), at Heinz Field because they were planning on coming back to Pittsburgh?

Oh the arrogance of that you know what.

It is pretty clear by Ryan's comment that because of his teams win in Pittsburgh that they have marked their territory and Heinz field is theirs.

Oh I cant wait to hear what he has to say after the Steelers kick the Jets butts on Sunday.

It is time to defend the home of the Pittsburgh Steelers like never before.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: "Make your mark cause we're coming back to here"??

To be honest I don't really mind Rex. He shows confidence in his team and his players love playing for him just like the Bears players loved playing for Buddy.

Let him talk. Want to shut him up? Beat him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    To be honest I don't really mind Rex. He shows confidence in his team and his players love playing for him ....
    Only while they are winning. Watch how old that act gets when they keep coming up short in AFC Championship games and or they start losing. Remember the Jets play in New York city. That media will fuel a major blaze when the schtick starts to get old on the back end of all those wolf tickets Ryan is selling.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    To be honest I don't really mind Rex. He shows confidence in his team and his players love playing for him ....
    Only while they are winning. Watch how old that act gets when they keep coming up short in AFC Championship games and or they start losing. Remember the Jets play in New York city. That media will fuel a major blaze when the schtick starts to get old on the back end of all those wolf tickets Ryan is selling.
    You mean like how fans turned on Tomlin last season after winning a Super Bowl?

Legend

User Info Menu

Santonio Holmes expected return trip to Steelers

Wide receiver Santonio Holmes did not act at all surprised after the New York Jets pulled a stunning 28-21 upset against the heavily-favored New England Patriots to set up an AFC Championship Game meeting against the Pittsburgh Steelers, his former team.
    “I knew I was going back to Pittsburgh,” Holmes said. “Fifty some odd players in here believed also.”

New York acquired the former Super Bowl MVP from the Steelers last April in exchange for a fifth-round draft choice. The Jets were not forced to give up more because he was required to sit out the first four games of the regular season for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. He also is in the final year of his contract.

Holmes contributed three catches for 20 yards and a touchdown against New England, making a twisting grab on a 7-yard toss from Mark Sanchez that gave New York a 21-11 advantage with 13 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

He gained a reputation as a money receiver when he made nine catches for 131 yards and sealed the victory for the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII with a spectacular grab on a 6-yard bullet from Ben Roethlisberger with 35 seconds left to be the MVP of that game.

With a major test in Pittsburgh looming, Holmes preferred to look ahead rather than back.

“When all is said and done,” he said, “I’ll talk about my journey with the Jets from Pittsburgh.”

[url="http://usa-entertainment-news.com/breaking-news/santonio-holmes-expected-return-trip-to-steelers.html"]http://usa-entertainment-news.com/break ... elers.html[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

"Fifty some-odd players"??? How many are on that team Stonio? If you don't know the number you scare me a bit. Maybe if the team had 420 players you would remember the number????
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Santonio Holmes expected return trip to Steelers

“When all is said and done,” he said, “I’ll talk about my journey with the Jets from Pittsburgh.”

[url="http://usa-entertainment-news.com/breaking-news/santonio-holmes-expected-return-trip-to-steelers.html"]http://usa-entertainment-news.com/break ... elers.html[/url]
    It'll be on a plane back to New York with a bunch of guys calling to see about Monday tee times!!!