Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck staying at Stanford!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Andrew Luck staying at Stanford!!

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754[/url]

I admire what he is doing but...the comment about the NFL isn’t going anywhere is wrong if he gets injured to the point where he can’t play the game anymore.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Andrew Luck staying at Stanford!!

yea, this really bummed me out when I heard about it this morning.
    I don't think Pouncey will be there when we draft now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754

I admire what he is doing but...the comment about the NFL isn’t going anywhere is wrong if he gets injured to the point where he can’t play the game anymore.
    This is great news. All they talk about in Charlotte is Luck saving them. These guys talk like he is the savior of football as we know it. It will be entertaining hearing these guys cry on the radio on my way to work.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Luck was top 3 on the draft chart. How does one guy change everything for us? I wonder if Pouncey is even seen as a first round talent given his struggle with snaps.

I know he won't be a C in the pro's but I think it still knocks him down a bit for teams that want a C/G.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Huge mistake i would say...Luck would have been a No.1 pick and Panthers are not that bad organization. I know education is important and stuff but at what price??

He is going to lose close to 40 million dollars. Rookie salary Cap will come in place, question is when and i assume it will start from 2012 unless someone told Luck that rookie salary cap will be in place from 2011 onwards. If Rookie salary cap will be from 2011 then it does not make much of difference if he stays in college.

Jim Harbaugh is going to Miami...3 O-Lineman are graduating. Not sure how Stanford running game will be next season.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Luck was top 3 on the draft chart. How does one guy change everything for us? I wonder if Pouncey is even seen as a first round talent given his struggle with snaps.

I know he won't be a C in the pro's but I think it still knocks him down a bit for teams that want a C/G.
    how doesn't it? I know this can be confusing and all but the domino effect..
    and even with his struggles he's still rated the #1 center at this point. and with how dominant he was against PSU it just solidified his spot.

Starter

User Info Menu

I called it Ryan Mallett #1 overall.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Backup

User Info Menu

This does suck .......he may be in Cleveland or Cincinnati next year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    I called it Ryan Mallett #1 overall.

People say Ryan Mallet has single digit IQ....I hope Bungles draft him with their pick....

I would say A J Green has a good chance of becoming No.1 pick if Steve Smith is leaving Panthers.

Draft will be interesting now...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, maybe the kid wants to play football next year. If the indications are that the NFL players will be locked out next season, it doesn't do him any good to join a team just to sit.

I remember talking AJ Hawk's dad about this when he was a Junior. AJ would have been considered a first round pick that year if he had come out. He ended up being the 5th pick the next year. Heck, with the money you would make you could pay for your own school should something go awry.