Thread: my 5 cents about the jets game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

my 5 cents about the jets game

1) Defense played very vanilla, was that due to Troy out or looking to rematch in the playoffs.

2) OL looked great in all facets againts one of the best defenses in the league.

3) BA called a great game.

4) Ben is legend

5) Even though a lose ( I hate loosing), came away with a feeling of win. Maybe I saw something evolving out there on our Offense. There were open lanes for our running game, Ben haveing time to throw, 5 Wr sets with talent out there, Wallace game is almost complete, Brown/Sanders just make plays after plays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: my 5 cents about the jets game

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george
    1) Defense played very vanilla, was that due to Troy out or looking to rematch in the playoffs.

2) OL looked great in all facets againts one of the best defenses in the league.

4) Ben is legend

5) Even though a lose ( I hate loosing), came away with a feeling of win. Maybe I saw something evolving out there on our Offense. There were open lanes for our running game, Ben haveing time to throw, 5 Wr sets with talent out there, Wallace game is almost complete, Brown/Sanders just make plays after plays.
    Did you just get out of a Tony Robbins meeting???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

This season, we had several games of vanilla D with Troy IN. I doubt there's a correlation.

OL did look markedly better. Did miss a couple of key blocks, but overall, good game.

Sorry, but I can't go along with that. Not after a draw play to Mewelde Moore out of the shotgun on the two-yard-line. And a few other stinkers that cost us.

4) Ben is legend
    Maybe, but he didn't come up with a legendary finish yesterday (and I'm not blaming the loss on him).

5) Even though a lose (I hate loosing), came away with a feeling of win.
    I never get the "feeling of a win" after a loss, and certainly not after this one. This was a game we should have won, and needed to win. More than that, it was a game we COULD have won.

Maybe I saw something evolving out there on our Offense. There were open lanes for our running game, Ben haveing time to throw, 5 Wr sets with talent out there, Wallace game is almost complete, Brown/Sanders just make plays after plays.
    There were some good things happening. Which makes it all the more maddening to lose.

Legend

User Info Menu

If this is true then LeBeau has really "lost it." Why would you not win a game that allows you to take control of post season seedings. The defensive game he called yesterday was terrible.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=BradshawsHairdresser]
    This season, we had several games of vanilla D with Troy IN. I doubt there's a correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by "steeler_george":35h0t308
    OL did look markedly better. Did miss a couple of key blocks, but overall, good game.

Sorry, but I can't go along with that. Not after a draw play to Mewelde Moore out of the shotgun on the two-yard-line. And a few other stinkers that cost us.

I credit that a good play by Jason Taylor, and a break down of the OL.

I am more refering to how BA made Revis and Cromatie non-factors in the game. He lining up Ward and Wallace on same side of the feild, which and allowed Ben and Sanders take advantage of picking on the the 3rd corner in the game.

Loved that shot in the endzone on the " Marino fake spike" too bad it was badly executed.

4) Ben is legend
    Maybe, but he didn't come up with a legendary finish yesterday (and I'm not blaming the loss on him).

5) Even though a lose (I hate loosing), came away with a feeling of win.
    I never get the "feeling of a win" after a loss, and certainly not after this one. This was a game we should have won, and needed to win. More than that, it was a game we COULD have won.

Maybe I saw something evolving out there on our Offense. There were open lanes for our running game, Ben haveing time to throw, 5 Wr sets with talent out there, Wallace game is almost complete, Brown/Sanders just make plays after plays.
    There were some good things happening. Which makes it all the more maddening to lose.[/quote:35h0t308]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

my 5 cents about the jets game
    Ain't that a bitch. Even opinions are sufeering from inflation.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

What rematch in the playoffs?

If we win that game, and the Jets win their first playoff game as a WC and we end up as the #2 seed? They would go to NE (The Ravens would be the #5 since they beat the Jets). Chances are we wouldn't even see them in the playoffs.

If our staff held back that game for re-matches purposes? We have BIG problems.