Thread: Take Mike Pouncey in round 1

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Take Mike Pouncey in round 1

I hope the Steelers take Mike Pouncey in round 1. This will solidify the interior of our line for years to come. Both brothers will be happy to play along side one another. And I think it could pay off for them down the line when the brothers are nearing free agency. They would have to choose to leave and cash in on big paydays, or sign Steeler friendly deals to stay together as I don't see anyone spending to sign both brothers to keep them on the same team.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Take Mike Pouncey in round 1

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be opposed to such a move if we resign Ike, and Max Starks' neck is alright. Then we could go CB, FS, DL in the next few rounds.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    I hope the Steelers take Mike Pouncey in round 1. This will solidify the interior of our line for years to come. Both brothers will be happy to play along side one another. And I think it could pay off for them down the line when the brothers are nearing free agency. They would have to choose to leave and cash in on big paydays, or sign Steeler friendly deals to stay together as I don't see anyone spending to sign both brothers to keep them on the same team.

Mike Pouncey looked terrific against Penn St both at the point of attack and in space.

as long as he doesn't have to snap it back to the QB in the shotgun he will make a great pro, OG is definitely a better position for him...Mike would look real good next to Maurkice in the Black & Gold for the next ten years, don't you think?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Doyle37

I'd like to see him in B&G but I'm afraid we might have to take him in the first round. Before Maurkice did so well this year, I was thinking we might have gotten Mike in the 2nd or 3rd round but now I think he's on everyone's radar. I'd like to see him in black and gold but 1st round could be too steep of a price for Steeler brass.