Thread: Yet another spike!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Yet another spike!

This is the 3rd one in the past several games. This move is the stupidest move in the history of this game. We have done it 3 times in the last several games. You want to argue? All it does is waste time. Give the D a chance to regroup and best of all waste a precious down.

It cost the Steelers the playoff game against Tennessee earlier in the decade and really never is necessary unless it used to stop the clock from expiring at the very end of the game.

All this shows is a team unprepared for every situation and I hope the loss of a possible 4 more points here does not cost the Steelers. Wake up!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Yet another spike!

Quote Originally Posted by 1st and Goal--
    This is the 3rd one in the past several games. This move is the stupidest move in the history of this game. We have done it 3 times in the last several games. You want to argue? All it does is waste time. Give the D a chance to regroup and best of all waste a precious down.

It cost the Steelers the playoff game against Tennessee earlier in the decade and really never is necessary unless it used to stop the clock from expiring at the very end of the game.

All this shows is a team unprepared for every situation and I hope the loss of a possible 4 more points here does not cost the Steelers. Wake up!
    What are you talking about? Ben spiked the ball to stop the clock instead of using a timeout. In that scenario I would have used the TO and given myslef 3 tries at the end zone from the 5, but Ben chose to spike it.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

It was the right call.

But I also want to see Ben do that sometime and pull a Dan Marino and chuck it to a receiver.

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah

a TO should have been used instead. 1st and goal, you dont want to waste one of those downs

that said, i dont remember the other 2 times it supposedly happened