Thread: Raven Fans Unhappy with Ward

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Raven Fans Unhappy with Ward

Watch the video. At the 6:00 minute mark Hines takes out Ray Lewis and Ray Ray was not happy.

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cc62e0/article/ravens-chester-denies-trying-to-injure-steelers-harrison?module=HP_headlines]Hines Hit[/url]

The Raven fans are calling for Hines head again. They want someone to take him out. Meanwhile Hines keeps on smilin'.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Raven Fans Unhappy with Ward

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Watch the video. At the 6:00 minute mark Hines takes out Ray Lewis and Ray Ray was not happy.

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cc62e0/article/ravens-chester-denies-trying-to-injure-steelers-harrison?module=HP_headlines]Hines Hit[/url]

The Raven fans are calling for Hines head again. They want someone to take him out. Meanwhile Hines keeps on smilin'.
    That was iffy IMO. It was almost a clip. He didn't go at his knee's or head so it wasn't dirty but it was close to being a penalty.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

If Harrison grabbed a WR by the face mask, it would have been a 15 yard penalty and a fine.

It's a great play. If defenders are worried about where Ward is, they're less likely to make a play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good recap. I think that Mayock may be the best that NFLN has.

Legend

User Info Menu

whenever Ravens fans say something you have to consider the source...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ravens coach John Harbaugh was asked his thoughts on Harrison's allegations -- and had a blunt response.

"I could care less what he thinks," the coach said.

my reply to Harbaugh. Hey moron, really? you COULD care less? how much less? sounds like you might care quite a bit. Unless of course you meant you COULDN'T care less. Yep, you're a real brainiac.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    Ravens coach John Harbaugh was asked his thoughts on Harrison's allegations -- and had a blunt response.

"I could care less what he thinks," the coach said.

my reply to Harbaugh. Hey moron, really? you COULD care less? how much less? sounds like you might care quite a bit. Unless of course you meant you COULDN'T care less. Yep, you're a real brainiac.......

speaking of Mr. Harbaugh...

John Harbaugh forced to clarify remark to radio caller

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 10, 2010

This is a golden age to be an angry football fan.

Instead of just booing at games, you can direct your anger towards your team on message boards, blogs, Twitter, and call-in radio shows. (We want all your hatred right here.) One of those fans called in to Ravens coach John Harbaugh’s show in Baltimore the other night and pushed some buttons.

Here’s what “Jim” had to say after criticizing rookie defensive tackle Terrence Cody: “Can you tell me why [defensive line coach] Clarence Brooks still has his job?” he demanded, via the Baltimore Sun. “If in five months, Terrence couldn’t be taught these basics of defensive play?”

Harbaugh initially tried to move on, but then re-visited the topic a minute later.

“I’m proud of this football team,” Harbaugh said. “I’m proud of our defense. I’m proud of our offense. We will fight our tails off to be the best team we can be every single week. If that’s not enough for you, find another team to cheer for. If you’re not proud of this team, then you don’t know football.”

The question was out of line, and we don’t think Harbaugh’s response was a big deal. Apparently a lot of Ravens fans disagreed, to the point where Harbaugh was forced to release a statement on the matter.

“I was directing my answer to the caller who suggested that one of the NFL’s best assistant coaches — and that’s not just our opinion — should be fired,” said in the statement via Kevin Cowherd of the Baltimore Sun. “I fully understand that fans will not agree with everything we do. And they have every right to voice their opinion. My comment was directed at the one caller, and not all fans.”

In this case, we’d say Harbaugh’s response was appropriate. Since when did jackasses deserve to be treated with such sensitivity?

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/10/john-harbaugh-forced-to-clarify-remark-to-radio-caller/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... io-caller/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Harbaugh should have added: "U shud try finding the worst thing that you could drink n kill urself"
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ward keeps his eyes on the prize

December 12th, 2010

Just when it looks like it is time to start shoveling dirt on the career that should one day land Hines Ward in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the veteran wideout beats Father Time's press coverage.

Ward caught eight passes for 114 yards in the Steelers’ 23-7 win Sunday against the Bengals. He made a spectacular 29-yard grab of a Ben Roethlisberger pass on second-and-Erie (actually 30) late in the third quarter.

He blocked as ferociously as ever -- and looked anything like the player who whiffed on a goal-line block last week in Baltimore and caught just one pass for 13 yards against the Ravens.

“People say I’m getting old or whatever,” said Ward, who turns 35 in March. “Talk to me if I get three rings.”

It will indeed be worth talking to the player who has been targeted by quote-seeking reporters as much as he has been by quarterbacks through the years if the Steelers win a seventh Lombardi Trophy.

Last spring Ward said during a speaking engagement at North Hills High School that he would retire if he won a third Super Bowl title.

When asked after the Steelers stayed on course for a No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs if he might call it a career should his team be the last one standing in February, Ward smiled.

“You never know,” he said.

His 13th NFL season has been both trying and rewarding.

Ward had his streak of consecutive games with at least one catch snapped at 189 when a concussion knocked him out of a 39-26 loss to the Patriots.

He is one pace for a little less than 800 receiving yards but the Steelers look poised to make a run at the Super Bowl.

And Ward has embraced the youth movement that the Steelers are undergoing at wide receiver, helping rookies such as Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown while also dispensing his wisdom to second-year man and emerging star Mike Wallace.

“I’m not tripping on my stats are anything,” said Ward, the only player in Steelers history with over 11,000 receiving yards. “We’re winning ball games and statistically I may be down but I look at it as me opening it up for others guys, and we’re starting to complement each other. My goal is to win a Super Bowl.”

[url="http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/12/12/ward-keeps-his-eyes-on-the-prize/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThePressBox+%2 8View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29"]http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the- ... ox+Blog%29[/url]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

That was iffy IMO. It was almost a clip. He didn't go at his knee's or head so it wasn't dirty but it was close to being a penalty.

No, he got to the side of the shoulder, hence you see Ray Ray going a bit sideways.

That wasn't even much of a hit. He just shoved him down.

For a tough guy, Ray Ray sure was acting like a..... "cat".

I'm tired of "tough", "hard hitting" (yes, they are in quotes for a reason) defensive players whining about being blocked by WRs. Like they aren't allowed.\