Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok its Time!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok its Time!!

…for the Pittsburgh Steelers to get Ben Roethlisberger a legitimate, top of the line, weapon. Everyone knows I love Mike Wallace but Ben needs a big, physical, big play receiver to go along with him. Forget the O-line help, forget, the need on the D-line, and forget the need at CB. These things should all take a back seat to getting a receiver who can get open on a consistent basis. What this team needs more than anything is for their best player to have a playmaker who can score.

Could you imagine Ben with a Roddy White type? Or Larry Fitzgerald type? Two guys making plays on both ends? Are you kidding me? Teams couldnt stop them. And the running game would benefit from it. Mike Wallace would get then get more one on one no over the safety help and he too would flourish.

Ben can win with a horrible patch work line, a below average receiving core, and a running game that is inconsistent.

The Rooney’s should pony up and sign one of the following free agent receivers this offseason.

Sydney Rice (could come at a relative discount because of the time he missed this year)
    Vincent Jackson (same as Rice..could come at a slight discount because of the time missed)

Or they should move up and try and get either Julio Jones or A.J. Green. Or maybe the answer is right there in the Steelers back yard…..Jon Baldwin??

Ben can win with a lack of talent around him. He continues to show he can. Get him a big play big money receiver and he will win more convincingly. And these 3 point games (close games), will be a thing of the past.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ok its Time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    …for the Pittsburgh Steelers to get Ben Roethlisberger a legitimate, top of the line, weapon. Everyone knows I love Mike Wallace but Ben needs a big, physical, big play receiver to go along with him. Forget the O-line help, forget, the need on the D-line, and forget the need at CB. These things should all take a back seat to getting a receiver who can get open on a consistent basis. What this team needs more than anything is for their best player to have a playmaker who can score.

Could you imagine Ben with a Roddy White type? Or Larry Fitzgerald type? Two guys making plays on both ends? Are you kidding me? Teams couldnt stop them. And the running game would benefit from it. Mike Wallace would get then get more one on one no over the safety help and he too would flourish.

Ben can win with a horrible patch work line, a below average receiving core, and a running game that is inconsistent.

The Rooney’s should pony up and sign one of the following free agent receivers this offseason.

Sydney Rice (could come at a relative discount because of the time he missed this year)
    Vincent Jackson (same as Rice..could come at a slight discount because of the time missed)

Or they should move up and try and get either Julio Jones or A.J. Green. Or maybe the answer is right there in the Steelers back yard…..Jon Baldwin??

Ben can win with a lack of talent around him. He continues to show he can. Get him a big play big money receiver and he will win more convincingly. And these 3 point games (close games), will be a thing of the past.
    Are you talking for next season? Or somehow, this season? Before we fix the O-line this season (if we can)?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Limas Sweed, he'll be back next year, don't worry the Steelers have you covered. :P

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech (Jackson, Lamar QB, Louisville)
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU (Evans, Rashaan, ILB, Alabama)
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich (Blanding, Quin, FS, Virginia)
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Backup

User Info Menu

Forget the O-line help
    No.

If you want to see why...look at the Detroit Lions. They were in love with this idea for the last ten years and wasted pick after pick after pick looking for a big play threat that almost always underperformed.

I'd be happy with a draft that looked like this:

1. OL
    2. CB
    3. OL
    4. OL
    5. CB
    6. DL
    7. OL

I'd love to get a Larry Fitzgerald type, but if we don't fix this line soon, Ben's career won't last long enough to throw to anybody.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Limas Sweed, he'll be back next year, don't worry the Steelers have you covered. :P

Pappy
    Pappy - don't know if that was tongue-in-cheek, but you know, if he pans out, it will be like we hit the jackpot offensively. Come on Limas, you can do it!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

Are you talking for next season? Or somehow, this season? Before we fix the O-line this season (if we can)?
    Well did you read my post? It refers to free agency and this upcoming draft.

Just how important is fixing the O-line when Ben proves over and over that he can win regardless? I want it fixed too....but this team would benefit more from one of those big physical, big play receivers.

Again think about what Ben could do with a Larry Fitzgerald type?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msp26505
    Forget the O-line help
    No.

If you want to see why...look at the Detroit Lions. They were in love with this idea for the last ten years and wasted pick after pick after pick looking for a big play threat that almost always underperformed.

I'd be happy with a draft that looked like this:

1. OL
    2. CB
    3. OL
    4. OL
    5. CB
    6. DL
    7. OL

I'd love to get a Larry Fitzgerald type, but if we don't fix this line soon, Ben's career won't last long enough to throw to anybody.
    Ben can win with this line. His window is about 5 years. Get him a receiver and watch how many more championships the Steelers win.

Dude he literally has very little to work with. What would he do with a Roddy White type?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dude, we haven't signed a significant free agent since James Farrior. We could have Stallworth, Swann and Lipps out there, but Ben is running for his life. Lets get a real O-Line!!!
    1/28-Rashaan Evans=ILB-Alabama
    2/60-Jessie Bates-S-Wake Forrest
    3/92-Dorrance Armstrong-OLB-Kansas
    5/148-Bo Scarbrough-RB-Alabama
    5/165-Jack Cichy-ILB-Wisconsin
    7/220-Jeff Badet-WR-Oklahoma
    7/246-Steven Parker-S-Oklahoma

Legend

User Info Menu

I highly doubt we will get a Fitz type of player late in the first. I would rather have a DB after seeing McFadden last night. But, I wouldn't cry if we drafted a WR in the first.

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm not sure exactly of what "type" of WR you're asking for? A deep threat? Or one who can get open? Or one who can go up and get the ball in traffic?

Wallace is getting separation. Sanders is getting separation. Even Brown is getting separation. And more importantly, all 3 are proving to have very good hands. Ward and Miller are still pretty physical and fairly reliable at catching balls in traffic. Plus Mendy has emerged as an excellent 3rd option out in the flat. I mean i'd love to have a Fitzgerald just to draw the other safety away but there aren't that many balls to go around to take on a new #1 WR right now and still use the weapons we already have. Ben already distributes the ball well and he could throw to Miller 5 more times a game easily and he'd be open on all 5. I just don't see putting another rookie on the field to go with our other 3 near rookies. Boldin would've been a nice pick up for us. Tough. Reliable hands. Not great speed but he can go up and get the ball in traffic. So maybe bring in a FA or trade for Steve Smith out of Carolina.

I think we'd be wayyyyy better off drafting OL who can give Ben 5-6 seconds to see the receivers we already have. Seriously, if you give Ben more time he is going to find the open guy. Plus, if he's dead, it doesn't matter how many WR we have. Look at the Ngata hit. That can't happen. We have to protect him. That was not Ben holding the ball too long. We need more talent like Pouncey to keep him clean. That has to be our 1st round priority.