Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dan Rooney Is Hot About All This"

Legend

User Info Menu

"Dan Rooney Is Hot About All This"

Ed Bouchette On James Harrison Fines: “I Know Dan (Rooney) Is Hot About All This”

November 30, 2010 6:33 PM

Ed Bouchette joined the Seibel and Starkey show on Sportsradio 93-7 The FAN with Joe Starkey and Ken Laird filling in for John Seibel today to discuss James Harrison’s’ most recent $25,000 fine, this time coming for his hit on Bill Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Ed said he talked with Harrison’s’ agent yesterday before the fine came down, and James’ agent said he hoped James would not get fined because it will probably push him over the edge.

According to Ed, the Rooney’s relationship with Roger Goodell is still pretty good, but it must be strained after Art Rooney spoke out against the $75,000 fine the league hit James Harrison with.

To even further complicate things, Ed said that Dan Rooney is “hot about all this” and he is sure that Rooney has called him any number of times to address all these fines.

[url="http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2010/11/30/ed-bouchette-on-james-harrison-fines-i-know-dan-rooney-is-hot-about-all-this/"]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2010/11/ ... -all-this/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: "Dan Rooney Is Hot About All This"

Does Goodell realize all the bad karma that is coming his way?

First, he is trying to "clean up the league" and now more fights than ever are breaking out. More QBs are injured despite the new rule. The game is devoving into wide open offense and little defense making the games more routine or predictable and less entertaining.
    All Defense!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Perhaps the Rooney's could provide a little Christmas bonus to #92 to help him out. I believe that you can gift up to $12K without being responsible for taxes on it. If various Rooney family members or teamates were to be generous to James during the Christmas season, who could blame them?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

rooney is hot over this?

good...call a press conference and let the media know that harrisons contract has been restructured. let them know that bonuses will be payed out to cover any fines that harrison may incur much like those are paid out in performance incentives. let goodell know that the steelers will not tolerate their linebackers playing like pansys and that they encourage harrison to continue playing like a crazy mother ****er.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Rooneys have a real problem on their hands. Either they have a rogue player who's dirty, can't play within the rules and they keep him on the field OR they have a clean player being unfairly targeted and they are doing nothing publicly to support him.

Either JH is the kind of player they want or he isn't. If he isn't, take the hit and get rid of him. If he is, step up and protect your asset. They are looking weak and ridiculous right now......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

and what pisses me off more than anything, they are stealing money out of a players pocket who definitely deserves every penny he's made. harrison was a nobody. he was an undrafted player who was cut by a couple of teams. he perservered (sp?) and became one of the best defenders in the league. and now the league is punishing a player who fought for every minute of playing time, for every penny he's made and every bit of respect that he's gotten from players around the nfl. it's just disgusting..

Legend

User Info Menu

Rooney should set up a meeting with Goodell and bring James Harrison's mother along.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Rooney should set up a meeting with Goodell and bring James Harrison's mother along.

or Deebo could bring this woman along when he has to next visit Roger...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnstownsteel
    rooney is hot over this?

good...call a press conference and let the media know that harrisons contract has been restructured. let them know that bonuses will be payed out to cover any fines that harrison may incur much like those are paid out in performance incentives. let goodell know that the steelers will not tolerate their linebackers playing like pansys and that they encourage harrison to continue playing like a crazy mother bad word.
    At this point I think his fines are being taken care of.I have no evidence but I feel it's the right thing to do and if Rooney is "hot over this" he's doing the right thing.

However , if the Rooney's call attention to this publicly, that woul'd be rubbing it in Goodel's face. After that , the only recourse would be to suspend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

or Deebo could bring this woman along when he has to next visit Roger...

I like it. Bribe him with a hooker :lol