Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just curious, would you

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Re: Just curious, would you

Absolutely.

OK, so I'm a little bias (see sig ), but in all seriousness, this guy is an elite talent in the league; the same class as Andre and Calvin Johnson. He doesn't just let the ball fall in his lap, he goes and gets the football on every play, no matter how far or how how high it is. He's the perfect size/speed combo. He's also a GREAT community guy and very dedicated to his fans via twitter (in a good way, not an OchoCinco way lol).

It probably won't happen, but this is the kind of guy the Steelers could really use.

As to the others discussing Bailey, I'd rather just use our first on a corner...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would. Woodley is just going to get slower as the years go on, making him pretty one dimensional. Fitzgerald, is a game changer.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    No. Defense + Big Ben = Championships.

We'll be fine with Wallace, Sanders, and some cheap WR.

As the NFL changes it's rules, I would be for targeting cover CBs as our top priority.

Plus Woodley adds more to championship football than Larry.
    I agree but I have a very bad feeling that LeBeau is going to walk away and leave us with a mess on defense because he has not kept that side of the ball primed with young players ready to step into his defense which IMO is too complex. If anything it is so complex we are now fooling ourselves but not other team's passing attacks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    I would. Woodley is just going to get slower as the years go on, making him pretty one dimensional. Fitzgerald, is a game changer.
    You're talking as if Woodley is over the hill. IMO, his best playing days are ahead of him. I love what Fitz would bring to the team but defense wins championships.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    You're talking as if Woodley is over the hill. IMO, his best playing days are ahead of him. I love what Fitz would bring to the team but defense wins championships.
    Yes, 'as the years go on' = today.

Nice reading comprehension skills.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Woodley seems pretty one dimensional already. He has been disappointing this year. Whether it is all on him or partially because of the scheme LeBeau is running, I don't know. That said, all it would take is for him to CRUSH Flaccid Boy two or three times on Sunday and I would be his biggest fan again!

Backup

User Info Menu

i certainly would love fitzgerald. getting a pitt panther back in the area would be huge. havent even mentioned what he could do for the offense because that is pretty obvious.
    bailey will be 34 in '11. no thanks.
    and if we cant get fitzgerald, we should go after S. Rice. could get him on the cheap. probably would like to continue having quality qb's throwin the ball his way instead of old men and unproven commoditys. kinda like fitzgerald.
    would like to keep woodley but not if we have to break the bank.

Backup

User Info Menu

With a$$hole godell changing the rules, the above statement will no longer be true. God forbid you hit someone hard and play intimidating defense

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    But I would say this, if we are going to trading #1 picks? I kick Denver's tires and see what they'd want for Bailey.
    Champ Bailey?

The same Champ Bailey that will be entering his 13th season in the league?

Yeah the one who will be 33 next season. I'm with you on this one. No way!

Jonathan Joseph or Richard Marshall. Both unrestricted free agents and both young, productive corners.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":2e8jog9k
    Yes, 'as the years go on' = today.

Nice reading comprehension skills.[/quote:2e8jog9k]