Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy? Dont make me laugh

Legend

User Info Menu

Conspiracy? Dont make me laugh

Bad calls happen.
    Harrison is a victim of his reputation as a punishing hitter thats all.
    He gets fined a couple of times, and it gets worse, the refs are unfairly anticipating a penalty.

Think for a minute what a conspiracy requires.
    Do you really think even Goodell could convince officials working Steeler games to deliberately make up bogus calls just because he said so??

For Goodall to even suggest this to officials puts him at risk. One ref with a conscience and Goodall is toast.

And what motive would an official have to comply? Under the table cash? The threat of being fired? Goodall gonna fire someone who can turn around and expose Goodells anti Steeler agenda? Really? Do you believe that?

Maybe Goodall is an alien using uncanny mind control over the refs.

If so he can come after Steeler Nation too.

I say we protect ourselves:

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Conspiracy? Dont make me laugh

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't deliberately when he scheduled the Ravens in week 4 with Ben out right?

Yeah I'm sure it also wasn't deliberately to schedule Ben's Steelers on prime time TV five times in the seasons final 10 weeks when Ben returned (This would coincide with Ben serving a full 6 game suspension).

This is also the same commish who deliberately forced the Rooney's to break up their 20 year old ownership group and by doing so, forced the Rooney's to take on more debt for thier loans to purchase the shares from remaining Rooney's and the McGinley family.

But you are right, it's all mere coincidence.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Bad calls happen.
    He gets fined a couple of times, and it gets worse, the refs are unfairly anticipating a penalty.

Think for a minute what a conspiracy requires.
    Do you really think even Goodell could convince officials working Steeler games to deliberately make up bogus calls just because he said so??

For Goodall to even suggest this to officials puts him at risk. One ref with a conscience and Goodall is toast.

And what motive would an official have to comply? Under the table cash? The threat of being fired? Goodall gonna fire someone who can turn around and expose Goodells anti Steeler agenda? Really? Do you believe that?

Maybe Goodall is an alien using uncanny mind control over the refs.

If so he can come after Steeler Nation too.

I say we protect ourselves:

Don't make ME laugh!!!!!

The NFL is a friggin joke!!!

They have a HOT SEEKING BONER for the Steelers, right now, and I
    aint friggin kidding!!!!!!

And YES, with a CAPITAL "Y", have called bogus after bogus bad calls on
    the Steelers for 2-weeks in a row....Where have you been????

Get a clue!!!

Expect to see more intolerable officiating, and eventually the refs WILL cost us
    to lose a game!!!! Just hope it's not a post-season game....

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

It's too late for me. Clearly I have fallen under evil Rogers mind control.
    But you still have a chance!

Here ya go.
    Start with making your protective head gear before it is too late!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Then it's amazingly lame leadership. Leadership so blind that it can't see how biased it is, and how biased the refs are.

You pick.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

CL,

I will concede the point with regards to conspiracy. But Goodell/NFL want to change culture...for a myriad of reasons...the Steelers have been more vocal than any other team including the Rooneys (not as vocal as some would like but just he same they have been extremely more vocal than the Ravens for example).

So Pittsburgh has become magnetic north as the poster child for old school intimidation football...so this has become the battleground to the attempt to change culture in the NFL.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but I do think it has some merits to consider.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

[/quote]

that silver foil headgear may not properly protect you when Roger strikes...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    CL,

I will concede the point with regards to conspiracy. But Goodell/NFL want to change culture...for a myriad of reasons...the Steelers have been more vocal than any other team including the Rooneys (not as vocal as some would like but just he same they have been extremely more vocal than the Ravens for example).

So Pittsburgh has become magnetic north as the poster child for old school intimidation football...so this has become the battleground to the attempt to change culture in the NFL.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but I do think it has some merits to consider.

brothervad

AND,

The changes NoGoodell wants to make are exactly what our team identity is - hard hitting, smash mouth football. He wants us all to be Peyton Manning clones.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/This****-1.jpg[/img]

Referees are like a box of chocolates, but this year, they're more like chocolate covered sheeaat!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler

Don't make ME laugh!!!!!

The NFL is a friggin joke!!!

They have a HOT SEEKING BONER for the Steelers, right now, and I
    aint friggin kidding!!!!!!

And YES, with a CAPITAL "Y", have called bogus after bogus bad calls on
    the Steelers for 2-weeks in a row....Where have you been????

Get a clue!!!

Expect to see more intolerable officiating, and eventually the refs WILL cost us
    to lose a game!!!! Just hope it's not a post-season game....

JD
    Did I say there were no bad calls?
    I said "Bad calls Happen"
    There have been a number of questionable calls.
    The question is why?

A "conspiracy" would require that refs are deliberately making calls in order to put the Steelers at a disadvantage.

Do you believe Goodall has instructed the refs to make bogus calls against the Steelers?

Do you believe the refs would just go along with it? Why? What is their motivation?

Again-

Goodall wants to create a "gentler" NFL.
    The Steelers represent the opposite of that.

I think the officials are a little "trigger happy" with the flags with our team, because of our hard hitting reputation.
    It is not right or fair, but it explains everything if you think about it.

TCFCLTC-