Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentalty: Landing with body weight on top of QB and....

Backup

User Info Menu

Pentalty: Landing with body weight on top of QB and....

pulling another player off the pile----15 YARDS!!!!

Never heard those descriptions for 15 YARD Penalties before. We are 100% targeted by Godell himself. This is getting ridiculous!!!! I could not bellieve what I was watching on Sunday.
    We had 3-4 personal fouls in the first quarter. The one on Woodley was crazy also.
    The whole game I kept imagining Godell in the middle of the field and woodley and harrison sprinting at him full speed and knocking the crud out of him.
    As Lambert use to say "Why dont they just put a skirt on the qb" Well now we can say it for all the offensive players!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Pentalty: Landing with body weight on top of QB and....

Guys just need to play.
    If this sheet starts getting in their head, its over.

I already don't like the comments from some of the players. Ignore it, get past it or pay it. Can't let random penalties, comments or fines derail what we are trying to do. Tomlin is pretty good at keeping the guys focused. Hope he can keep it that way.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've never been a "conspiracy theory" guy but I don't know how you could watch that game subjectively and not come away thinking something hinkey was going on. They were making up penalties to hit the Steelers with. The stole a TD away from the team.

If the Steelers get any fines and Seymore doesn't get a 1 game suspension it will be impossible to ignore that this team is being targeted.

"landed with his full weight"..... it's so ludicrous that it should be funny but it won't be if it happens in a tight game and the Steelers lose on a BS, made up call.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    "landed with his full weight"..... it's so ludicrous that it should be funny but it won't be if it happens in a tight game and the Steelers lose on a BS, made up call.
    That actually is a rule and I've heard it called before - but not very often.

The travesty of the call wasn't that the call itself is that stupid but the fact that James didn't land on Campbell with all his weight. James actually fell beside Campbell, trying to break both of thier falls with his arm.

And you'd think it couldn't get any worse than that. But it did. The helmet-to-helmet call on Clark was pure fabrication. Completely unbelievable. It's come to this. Officials will make up calls now, whenever they like.

Legend

User Info Menu

The weight penalty is real. But he didn't do that. He didn't lock his arms when he went down, if anything James let up.

Corrente didn't throw the flag until well after the hit happnened, he saw WHO it was, and then threw the flag.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In a way yesterday it became comical to the point where me and my dad wanted us to have more penalty yards than the raiders had in total yards offense ... we damn near achieved this.... and in a 35-3 win, these types of calls didn't hurt us.. but like the poster above me stated, i would be absolutely livid , as would the players and coaches im assuming, if we lost a game because of BULLSH!T calls such as yesterdays.....

all in all , we gotta go to buffalo this sunday and come back with a W.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks to Eich and Crash for letting me know it's a real call. I'm not a youngster and I'm sure I've never heard that called before.

It does make you wonder if the defense is even allowed to tackle the QB at all.

And the flag was SO late. Think there's any chance the NFL will respond and say any of the calls were incorrect?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    That actually is a rule and I've heard it called before - but not very often.

The travesty of the call wasn't that the call itself is that stupid but the fact that James didn't land on Campbell with all his weight. James actually fell beside Campbell, trying to break both of thier falls with his arm.

And you'd think it couldn't get any worse than that. But it did. The helmet-to-helmet call on Clark was pure fabrication. Completely unbelievable. It's come to this. Officials will make up calls now, whenever they like.
    OK then, but they better be calling it on RayRay, only about 6 times per game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    The weight penalty is real. But he didn't do that. He didn't lock his arms when he went down, if anything James let up.

Corrente didn't throw the flag until well after the hit happnened, he saw WHO it was, and then threw the flag.
    You speak truth.

Starter

User Info Menu

OK then, but they better be calling it on RayRay, only about 6 times per game.
    The absolute worst rule in the league. Atrocious.

It was called against the Ravens a few years back (may have been in a playoff game too). Fat-Azz Siragusa plowed the QB and landed with all of his 900 lbs on top of him. Got a 15-yarder, but he knocked the QB out of the game so it was worth it.