Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brown and Sanders Both Active

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Brown and Sanders Both Active

Per Text from Steelers. This is what I would have done if I had the chance to make some changes. Get these young receivers involved in the offense, now. Come playoffs, they'll be more seasoned.

If Randle El doesn't make an appearance today, I'll be elated!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Brown and Sanders Both Active

Remember last week when Sanders never looked back on that pass from Ben? Will you know what, i'll live with mistakes like that to have Sanders and Brown active.
    both will be great for the Steelers for years to come IMO
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
    -- Jack Lambert --

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I agree, they'll both make mistakes. But, my hopes are that they'll give this offense a shot of much needed excitement...........if Tomlin/BA will use them. Ben needs to be a veteran and use them when he can, and find the veteran receivers when the game is tight or on the line. You can't trust a rookie to run the correct route when the game is on the line, but you can utilize their talents in between those moments.

Honestly, any receiver would be an upgrade over what we've seen from El so far this year. Good locker room guy, but eroding skills on the field. We can't afford to stick with him at this point.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url="http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=682517-steelers-week-11-inactives"]http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=682517 ... -inactives[/url]

No Johnathan Scott or Hills. Essex at LT? Chris Scott?

Backup

User Info Menu

Great move IMO. We'll see how it pans out, but I like the move either way. I woulda hated to see the same lineup march on the field after the last game. We needed to shake the WR's up and it happened. Hopefully he gets to see the field!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=682517-steelers-week-11-inactives

No Johnathan Scott or Hills. Essex at LT? Chris Scott?
    I think they listed the wrong Scott as inactive.

Backup

User Info Menu

FIRE bruce arians!!!!!!!!

that is all
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
    -- Jack Lambert --

Starter

User Info Menu

sanders has earned himself the #3 wr spot
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler
    sanders has earned himself the #3 wr spot

I completely agree...and Antonio Brown has earned his way onto the active on game day roster.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Very precarious situation, indeed. El needs to be inactive or gone. But, it won't happen.

Brown and Sanders have done absolutely nothing to support them standing on the sidelines watching El. The only thing either has done is show their worth. They are both catching the ball and making plays. Exactly what this offense needs.