Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Blame Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

I Blame Tomlin

There's so many fingers to point on this team. I don't have enough.

So my disgust is aimed at Tomlin for everything.

Sure he sounds cool.

And he's got an endless amount of great one liners.

But he lacks substance.

I'd rather have a great coach that doesn't communicate well in the media, than the captain of the debate team that unleashes crap year in and year out.

From now on, everything bad that happens is on Mike Tomlin.

And the only way he can fix my opinion of him is to win more SuperBowls.

Otherwise, he's enemy #1.

Arians, Lebeau, and all of the rest of the coaches and players get passes from me. Even Essex and Spaeth and ARE. They can't help it they suck. But Mike Tomlin can help keeping them on the roster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: I Blame Tomlin

Flippy... understandable is your frustration, but personnel is not Tomlin's responsibility alone. Kevin Colbert has a big say so... so, if you want to blame Tomlin, heap some of that on Colbert as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I blame him a also, but not for your reason. You can't over haul all the suck talent that was left by Cowher and co. all at once but he is doing a good job at that. What I do blame him for is letting his coordinators come up with the same simple game plan that every team is catching on to now.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

More SB's or else? LOL... Most coaches don't even sniff a SB let alone win 1... but Tomlin has to win a few more or beat it? Nah...

While SB's are the ultimate goal I think fixing glaring weaknesses and having your team prepared to compete every week is the true sign of a good coach. Billicheat may be an azz but you know regardless of personnel he is going to have his guys in the hunt most years. All I want from Tomlin is honest assessment of deficiencies on our team. CB's suck.. Go get CB's. OL sucks, draft or trade for better OL. Pats dink and dunk, defend it. Teams take away deep routes, demand shorter routes DURING the game.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    I blame him a also, but not for your reason. You can't over haul all the suck talent that was left by Cowher and co. all at once but he is doing a good job at that. What I do blame him for is letting his coordinators come up with the same simple game plan that every team is catching on to now.

For a while now I've been saying that Tomlin has been deficient in managing his coordinators ... and our W-L is suffering because of it.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I really don't know what to make of some Steelers fans at times. I would understand fans displeasure if this team had 2 or 3 losing seasons in a row under Tomlin. That's not been the case. There are some things Tomlin can do better. I expect improvement happen as he gains experience.

Good teams lose to other good teams. Good teams lose to bad teams. It happens to the best of teams. I don't know what to else to say to fans that fail to keep things in perspective.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    I really don't know what to make of some Steelers fans at times. I would understand fans displeasure if this team had 2 or 3 losing seasons in a row under Tomlin. That's not been the case. There are some things Tomlin can do better. I expect improvement happen as he gains experience.

Good teams lose to other good teams. Good teams lose to bad teams. It happens to the best of teams. I don't know what to else to say to fans that fail to keep things in perspective.
    Some fans don't understand you either

I blame Tomlin for all the penalties. For not sticking up for his players more.

Fouts was talking yesterday about McFadden saying that Lebeau has 1500 defensive plays in his playbook. Good to see Tomlin allowed him to use the same play and philosophy against New England that never works.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Flippy... understandable is your frustration, but personnel is not Tomlin's responsibility alone. Kevin Colbert has a big say so... so, if you want to blame Tomlin, heap some of that on Colbert as well.
    Good point. I'm ok with giving Colbert some of the blame. But great poker players win with bad hands all the time. So Tomlin carries the majority of the blame.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Good point. I'm ok with giving Colbert some of the blame. But great poker players win with bad hands all the time. So Tomlin carries the majority of the blame.

Legend

User Info Menu

Early entry for the "what the...?" post of the week
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"