Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trai Essex

Hall of Famer

Trai Essex

I am surprised no one posted this as a topic after his thorough smack down on Sunday. I find it absolutely inconceivable that there is no one better on the roster that could take his position. He was horrid on a number of plays (OK, even more horrid than the other 3, Pouncey held his own for the most part). The fact is we do not have a good pass-blocking line for an offense that does not know what it wants to be.

I will look for some internet junk that may have focused on Essex's play. It should make for some interesting reading.

Starter

Re: Trai Essex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMH1xiiEbMo

i know ngata is a beast but still

And here I was thinking the body of the post would just read ..... "SUCKS"
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    5) Jonathan Mincy-CB-Auburn
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

the Steelers knew Essex sucked when they drafted Maurkice Pouncey to play RG this season. as it turned out, Pouncey exceeded all expectations and was able to handle the C position this year (and Hartwig sucked even worse).

RG and CB should be the first two positions addressed by the Steelers in next year's draft...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    And here I was thinking the body of the post would just read ..... "SUCKS"

SUCKS!

You are welcome.

Hall of Famer

the problem is legursky sucks too

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    the Steelers knew Essex sucked when they drafted Maurkice Pouncey to play RG this season. as it turned out, Pouncey exceeded all expectations and was able to handle the C position this year (and Hartwig sucked even worse).

RG and CB should be the first two positions addressed by the Steelers in next year's draft...
    I agree about the draft needs. But what about OT? Do we think that Colon will be back? I am not sure of that. The entire right side of our line needs replaced.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler

I agree about the draft needs. But what about OT? Do we think that Colon will be back? I am not sure of that. The entire right side of our line needs replaced.
    i think we see if we can get a tackle in FA...i still want mike pouncey in the 1st....i think that having both pounceys next to eachother will keep our interior set for 10 years

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler

i think we see if we can get a tackle in FA...i still want mike pouncey in the 1st....i think that having both pounceys next to eachother will keep our interior set for 10 years
    hellz yeah, i'm hoping for the same
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I've been a OT proponent for a long time. I wanted us to take Bulaga in this last draft (and to trade up a few slots to get Oher a few years ago). But I'm not blown away by the tackle crop in this year's class. And the opportunity to play two brothers next to one another on the line comes along...well...never.

Colon's contract is up and he will surely want a big payday (remember his agent's claims about him being a top tackle), but no team will be willing to give him one coming off of a major Achilles injury. He will have to prove himself before getting the big bucks, so I could see him signing a reasonable short term deal to show that he still has it.

We signed Hotel to a 2 year $7.5 million deal in which the second year was a team option. I could see us opting to keep him for year 2 in case Colon's Achilles turns out to be a lingering problem going forward.

Reports were that Starks' injury should not be career-threatening, and he should be back fine by next season.

So we could potentially have Adams and Colon battling it out to start at RT next year, with Stark and Jon Scott (who will have a half season of playing experience in our system under his belt by then) behind him on the left side. That seems to be reasonable depth at OT for 2011...replacing Essex with Mike Pouncey would offer the biggest bang for the buck in my mind.