Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy Polamalu getting run over...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Troy Polamalu getting run over...

..is exactly what is suppose to happen when a 6 ft 3 320 plus pounder runs full speed at a 5 ft 10 207 pounder.

I am not impressed.

Bengals fans think it was the coolest thing ever. Well they actually wished it was Hines Ward instead of Troy. But it really wasnt that big of a deal. That is what he is suppose to do.

What I would focus on if I were a Bengal fan is the fact that Peko had his usual 2 tackles per game on the defensive side of the ball.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Troy Polamalu getting run over...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    ..is exactly what is suppose to happen when a 6 ft 3 320 plus pounder runs full speed at a 5 ft 10 207 pounder.

I am not impressed.

Bengals fans think it was the coolest thing ever. Well they actually wished it was Hines Ward instead of Troy. But it really wasnt that big of a deal. That is what he is suppose to do.

What I would focus on if I were a Bengal fan is the fact that Peko had his usual 2 tackles per game on the defensive side of the ball.
    it was an awesome hit.. I didn't even see it until the replay and was surprised because Troy was up so quickly. He got crushed.. we need to do the same thing at the GL. IT works.
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and he got up right away

if thats cinco, he's rolling on the floor for 2 minutes and looking for sympathy or his gold shoes

Smashmouth

It was awesome! Give credit where it's due. I hate the Bengals as much as the next guy but that was good football. It took stones for Troy to keep his nose in there! He just got trucked.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smashmouth
    It was awesome! Give credit where it's due. I hate the Bengals as much as the next guy but that was good football. It took stones for Troy to keep his nose in there! He just got trucked.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Yeah, it was good football hit/block.
    Give Cincy credit. At least they have the smarts to put a big blocker to pave the way for a TD in goal line situation. Where is the Steeler's lead blocker???

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Give Cincy credit. At least they have the smarts to put a big blocker to pave the way for a TD in goal line situation. Where is the Steeler's lead blocker???
    Dan Kreider has been retired for a few yrs now I think.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Dan Kreider has been retired for a few yrs now I think.
    Yeah I know. I am from York County in Central PA. Kreider is from Lancaster County.
    He is in the area I here.
    Remember Jon Witman? He was before Kreider. He is from York. He helps run a fitness center here in York.

Legend

User Info Menu

On Mendenhall's TD run, Legursky was lined up in the backfield and then David Johnson went in motion into the backfield as well.

You celebrate the Bengals using a DT to block on the goalline but forget that we had a OG/OC and a TE/H-back as lead blockers together on the same play on the goal-line?

NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

Starter

User Info Menu

Troy needed to get lower and take out the blocker at the knees. He probably would have stopped the TD. You never take on a big boy above the waist. I'm glad he got up, but his technique was wrong and he allowed the hole to happen.