Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Harrison Stirs the Pot

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

James Harrison Stirs the Pot

Can you tell he is waiting for that perfect hit that lays a guy out within the rules?

James Harrison: New Rules Responsible for 'My Least Productive Game'

[url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/28/james-harrison-new-rules-responsible-for-my-least-productive-g/"]http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/28/jame ... ductive-g/[/url]

James Harrison has been at the forefront of one of the NFL illegal hit saga. Even though the story has died down with a clean week of games played immediately after an increased emphasis was put on illegal hits, Harrison has brought it back into headlines.

"That was my least productive game this year," Harrison said in an interview with "Inside the NFL." "We can still play the game, but it's not the same."

When discussing instances during the Steelers' most recent game against the Dolphins in which it seemed Harrison laid off on certain hits, Harrison again referred to the new rules.

"If I shot in there I would have probably hit helmet to helmet, and I've already got one offense, so I could probably be looking at a possible suspension."

Harrison was originally fined $75,000 for a hit on Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, one of the initial hits that sparked the rule changes. After the game, he explained that he tries to hurt players, not injure them, explaining the difference. When the league approved suspensions as discipline for illegal hits, Harrison threatened retirement and missed practice, only to return.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After contemplating retirement after being fined $75,000 by the NFL, James Harrison returns to the Steelers and his teammates are happy to have him back.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: James Harrison Stirs the Pot

Seems like a few people are launching soft bombs at the situation. I hope NoGoodell can't stand the heat and leaves the kitchen.

Let's get a former player in there instead.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

This is not even funny if this is changing the way he is playing the game. Dont get me wrong I dont want to see some one crippled or killed but this is not the answer. There is a report of Troy pulling up on a play also. Football in realtime does not work like this.

I dont have an answer...maybe better equipment? You would not believe some of the matrials that they use in the Military or in Aerospace that are light but are impact resistance.

Time for the NFL to have a Research & Development lab to try to fix this because the new handcuffing the tackler policy could really make this a NBA all star game every sunday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hate this situation and know that our team will be punished faster than others. That makes me sick. I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but...
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west
    This is not even funny if this is changing the way he is playing the game. Dont get me wrong I dont want to see some one crippled or killed but this is not the answer. There is a report of Troy pulling up on a play also. Football in realtime does not work like this.

I dont have an answer...maybe better equipment? You would not believe some of the matrials that they use in the Military or in Aerospace that are light but are impact resistance.

Time for the NFL to have a Research & Development lab to try to fix this because the new handcuffing the tackler policy could really make this a NBA all star game every sunday.
    I've been saying they need to improve equipment also. Mark Kelso wore a concussion prevention helmet back in the 90s. If the NFL was so concerned about player injuries why haven't they made these helmets mandatory? Instead they start all this controversy so they can shift blame from themselves to the players. I thought Goodell was bad in the Roethlisberger Affair. He's even worse in Concussion City.

Here are some links I posted before on new helmets.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080214]Uni Watch Helmets[/url]

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/101026_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl]Article on Need For Helmet Change[/url]
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Airbags inside of helmets made of Crocs material. It's that easy.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Seems like a few people are launching soft bombs at the situation. I hope NoGoodell can't stand the heat and leaves the kitchen.

Let's get a former player in there instead.

i think that would help the situtation a lot
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by jj28west

I've been saying they need to improve equipment also. Mark Kelso wore a concussion prevention helmet back in the 90s. If the NFL was so concerned about player injuries why haven't they made these helmets mandatory? Instead they start all this controversy so they can shift blame from themselves to the players. I thought Goodell was bad in the Roethlisberger Affair. He's even worse in Concussion City.

Here are some links I posted before on new helmets.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080214]Uni Watch Helmets[/url]

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/101026_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl]Article on Need For Helmet Change[/url]
    Real interesting articles. As weird as it sounds maybe the players union pushed back on this requirement to wear a better protected helmet?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    I hate this situation and know that our team will be punished faster than others. That makes me sick. I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but...

The NFL is trying to limit the intimidation factor in the league with the rule change. I figured we could just beat up teams and win most of the games and have half of them give up by the third quarter. Now the next expansion team will have a smiley face as their logo.
    All Defense!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood

The NFL is trying to limit the intimidation factor in the league with the rule change. I figured we could just beat up teams and win most of the games and have half of them give up by the third quarter. Now the next expansion team will have a smiley face as their logo.
    Thats what Im afraid of cause we are the best at it. And James Harrison is the best of the best at intimidating the opponent.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.