Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

  1. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,168

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Blount
    Stallworth
    Polamalu
    Dawson
    Aaron Smith
    Merril Hoge

    I like the guys who are exceptional players and people with no drama, and they give back to the community.
    Stallworth has become a very successful businessman and his company did lots of work here in the Orlando area for the Government before he sold it. Actually got to see him here a couple of times.

    In 1986, he founded Madison Research Corporation (MRC), which specialized in providing engineering and information technology services to government and commercial clients. Under Stallworth's leadership, MRC grew to more than 650 employees and $69.5 million in revenues(FY03). MRC manages six regional offices: Huntsville, Alabama (headquarters); Warner Robins, Georgia; Orlando, Florida and Shalimar, Florida; Montgomery, Alabama; Houston, Texas; and Dayton, Ohio. In October 2006, the sale of MRC to Wireless Facilities Inc. was completed, and at that time it was announced that Stallworth would pursue other interests
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,950

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Blount
    Stallworth
    Polamalu
    Dawson
    Aaron Smith
    Merril Hoge

    I like the guys who are exceptional players and people with no drama, and they give back to the community.
    I love the Hodge and Smith additions; it's difficult to remember them all when you begin thinking about things like this.

    Pappy
    Thanks.

    I really like Stallworth too. He is such a humble guy. He was a clutch player, good citizen, and now he's a part of our ownership team. I can still remember him laying out to catch sideline passes and dragging his feet.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  3. #13

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    Which one doesn’t belong? (a) John Stallworth; 4th round steal; (b), L.C. Greenwood, 10th round gem, (c) Tim Worley (tasered pee-test dodger)

  4. #14
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,047

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    After retiring from football, Dwayne Woodruff obtained his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University, subsequently becoming a founding member of the law firm Woodruff, Flaherty & Fardo, LLC out of Shadyside. Woodruff was elected in 2005 to be a Judge in the Court of Common Pleas in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.



    Going back even further (and looking at a much higher court), Byron "Whizzer" White signed with the NFL's Pittsburgh Pirates (now Steelers) after graduation, playing there during the 1938 season. He led the league in rushing in his rookie season and became the game's highest-paid player. He then left for Oxford on a Rhodes Scholarship. He came back to play a couple of year with the Lions before serving in the Navy during World War II. After the war, he attended Yale Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1946. In 1962, he was appointed to be a Supreme Court Justice by President John F. Kennedy.


  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,168

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    Woodruff is a great choice. Always liked him as a player.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    Well there was this one poster back at the Trib that was calling for LaMarr Woodley being drafted by the Steelers a year before he was draft eligible.

    Who was that?? Hmmmmm??

    Oh yeah...that was me.

    Pause......now let the Mike Williams crap come.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  7. #17

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    As a child,..i was most proud of Rod. As an adult though,...I am the most proud of Troy. He's a warrior, man of Honor, a native californian, a Trojan and a once in a generation talent on the field.

    I was pulling for us to draft him and even predicted that we would when others were screaming for Mike Doss. (WTF ?)

    To this day i still applaud Coach (Cowher) for having the ballz and or resolve if you will to make the move up to select him.(Troy) As opposed to failing to address the need at all, or wasting the pick on a bum, mediocre or "project" player. I also have much respect for Coach pushing to get Bussey from the Rams.

    And finally,...i often wonder what things could have been like if Eli Manning was not such a f#cking skirt and Coach could have gotten the player he wanted in 2004 ? It's possible he might still be here (Steelers) with two more Superbowl rings than he retired with.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

    "We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

  8. #18
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,047

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    As a child,..i was most proud of Rod. As an adult though,...I am the most proud of Troy. He's a warrior, man of Honor, a native californian, a Trojan and a once in a generation talent on the field.

    I was pulling for us to draft him and even predicted that we would when others were screaming for Mike Doss. (WTF ?)

    To this day i still applaud Coach (Cowher) for having the ballz and or resolve if you will to make the move up to select him.(Troy) As opposed to failing to address the need at all, or wasting the pick on a bum, mediocre or "project" player. I also have much respect for Coach pushing to get Bussey from the Rams.

    And finally,...i often wonder what things could have been like if Eli Manning was not such a f#cking skirt and Coach could have gotten the player he wanted in 2004 ? It's possible he might still be here (Steelers) with two more Superbowl rings than he retired with.
    I remember Doss being on the radar, since safety was a need in the '03 draft, but I don't recall Doss ever being rated ahead of Polamalu. Doss was being considered because of the assumption that Polamalu would be long gone where we were scheduled to pick at #27. I was surprised that we were able to trade up to get the top guy, and it most certainly worked out for the best. Kind of similar to what happened a few years later when Chad Jackson (ugh) was a consideration because of the assumption that Holmes would be long gone where we were scheduled to pick at #32 in 2006.

  9. #19

    Re: Players you're proud the Steelers Drafted?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    As a child,..i was most proud of Rod. As an adult though,...I am the most proud of Troy. He's a warrior, man of Honor, a native californian, a Trojan and a once in a generation talent on the field.

    I was pulling for us to draft him and even predicted that we would when others were screaming for Mike Doss. (WTF ?)

    To this day i still applaud Coach (Cowher) for having the ballz and or resolve if you will to make the move up to select him.(Troy) As opposed to failing to address the need at all, or wasting the pick on a bum, mediocre or "project" player. I also have much respect for Coach pushing to get Bussey from the Rams.

    And finally,...i often wonder what things could have been like if Eli Manning was not such a f#cking skirt and Coach could have gotten the player he wanted in 2004 ? It's possible he might still be here (Steelers) with two more Superbowl rings than he retired with.
    I remember Doss being on the radar, since safety was a need in the '03 draft, but I don't recall Doss ever being rated ahead of Polamalu. Doss was being considered because of the assumption that Polamalu would be long gone where we were scheduled to pick at #27. I was surprised that we were able to trade up to get the top guy, and it most certainly worked out for the best. Kind of similar to what happened a few years later when Chad Jackson (ugh) was a consideration because of the assumption that Holmes would be long gone where we were scheduled to pick at #32 in 2006.

    I was talking mainly about those of the Nation that were high on Doss Ruthless (And yes even a few pundits. As according to them Troy was poor in coverage and too reckless)

    But you are indeed right though,.. perhaps that was mostly a product of "sour grapes' in a sense because they knew that Troy was unlikely to be on the board at 27. But again,..i'm proud that Coach took action.

    Though he (Coach) wasn't infallible,..imo,... we only remain an above average quality team team to this week because of his personnel decisions and Coach Lebeau.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

    "We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •