Thread: List Your Top 10 TV Shows of Fall 2010...

Hall of Famer

List Your Top 10 TV Shows of Fall 2010...

Feel Free to list 5 if you don't watch enough.

Mine...

1. Boardwalk Empire
    2. Modern Family
    3. Eastbound and Down
    4. Terriers (on FX, just a great show with likeable characters and good unpredictable stories)
    5. The Good Wife
    6. Luther (BBC America)
    7. 30 Rock
    8. Mad Men (season is over )
    9. Dexter
    10. Children's Hospital (Adult Swim/Cartoon Network - 296 on Directv) - not a cartoon. Fifteen minute show about a group of Doctors at a children's hospital. Stars Henry Winkler, Rob Courdry, Megan Mullaley, and some guys from "The State." Great guest stars. Totally over the top. A bit like Arrested Development without the long lasting story arcs.

Looking forward to "The Walking Dead" on AMC
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: List Your Top 10 TV Shows of Fall 2010...

During this time of year when both football and hockey is in season, I don't have time for much appointment viewing that isn't a Steeler or Penguin game.

My wife and I try to watch Dexter each week...we both enjoy that. We managed to miss an entire season of True Blood...perhaps we'll catch up via On Demand at some point, but we aren't in any rush.

She likes shows like Criminal Minds, Bones, and The Mentalist, and they usually take up most of the space on my DVR at any given time. I'll watch one of those shows with her now and again, but I'm not drawn into any of them. I prefer stupid crap like South Park and Tosh.0 on Comedy Central.

I recently found the IFC (didn't think I'd have any reason to watch something called the Independent Film Channel, since I figured it would be filled with artsy Belgian films or whatever). They are playing old episodes of Freaks and Geeks (which I never saw when it originally came out) and they will be running old episodes of Undeclared soon as well (which I haven't seen either). Last night, I watch some of "The Whitest Kids U Know" on there and their new series with David Cross and Will Arnett of Arrested Development fame called The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (IFC also runs Arrested Development reruns too, which are not new to me, but still cool).

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    During this time of year when both football and hockey is in season, I don't have time for much appointment viewing that isn't a Steeler or Penguin game.

My wife and I try to watch Dexter each week...we both enjoy that. We managed to miss an entire season of True Blood...perhaps we'll catch up via On Demand at some point, but we aren't in any rush.

She likes shows like Criminal Minds, Bones, and The Mentalist, and they usually take up most of the space on my DVR at any given time. I'll watch one of those shows with her now and again, but I'm not drawn into any of them. I prefer stupid crap like South Park and Tosh.0 on Comedy Central.

I recently found the IFC (didn't think I'd have any reason to watch something called the Independent Film Channel, since I figured it would be filled with artsy Belgian films or whatever). They are playing old episodes of Freaks and Geeks (which I never saw when it originally came out) and they will be running old episodes of Undeclared soon as well (which I haven't seen either). Last night, I watch some of "The Whitest Kids U Know" on there and their new series with David Cross and Will Arnett of Arrested Development fame called The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (IFC also runs Arrested Development reruns too, which are not new to me, but still cool).
    I've watched "...Todd Margaret" and the other new series that stars Will Arnett and David Cross - "Running Wilde" (which may have been cancelled already). Neither approaches Arrested Development, but both have some good moments and could develop into something better.

My wife also likes the crime dramas, though she prefers the procedurals like CSI and Law & Order. Luckily, we don't have enough time to watch many of those. I don't care for them at all, and CSI just makes me queesy.

True Blood was much better this year than last, I thought. You'll enjoy catching up.

Dexter has been rough for me so far this year. I still like the show, but it feels like it is in a rut. I hope it picks up as the season progresses. I always thought that Dexter needed to be on the run, constantly reinventing his cover, finding new targets. I thought that would breed new life into the series.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

1. Boardwalk Empire - Best show of all time
    2. Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura
    3. Undercover Boss
    4. Modern Family
    5. The Middle
    6. World of Jenks
    7. Buried Life
    8. The Little Couple
    9. Cake Boss
    10. 30 Rock
    11. The Ultimate Fighter

Generally I'll watch any sports, adult swim, or comedy central. I also end up watching a lot of crap my wife likes. I half watch a lot of stuff and do other stuff. The tv seems to always be on at my house. The dog gets separation anxiety if we shut off the tv.

There's a lot of shows I want to watch on HBO/Showtime, but I can't keep up with all of them, so I'll probably have to watch on demand someday.

Most shows I really like end up getting canceled. Friday Night Lights and Parks and Recwere 2 of my favs. And of course they're done-zo.

Backup

• Sesame Street
      Martha Speaks
      Super Why
      Dinosaur Train
      Curious George
      The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot about That
      Clifford the Big Red Dog
      Sid the Science Kid
      Caillou
      Arthur

Can you tell I have little kids? Otherwise, quite honestly, we wouldn't even own the damn thing.

Legend

We know who the nanny is in your house.

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    We know who the nanny is in your house.
    Exactly. There are no clean dishes and no clean laundry without the boob tube.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ricardisimo
    • Sesame Street
      Martha Speaks
      Super Why
      Dinosaur Train
      Curious George
      The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot about That
      Clifford the Big Red Dog
      Sid the Science Kid
      Caillou
      Arthur

Can you tell I have little kids? Otherwise, quite honestly, we wouldn't even own the damn thing.
    What about Steeler Games? You'd need a TV for those.

Backup

Looks like we'll have to check out Boardwalk Empire.

NZ TV is woefully behind. Years for some shows. I've taken to downloading stuff....our top watches at the moment are:

Dexter (warming up finally, anything was going to be less than last season which was amazing IMO)
    Weeds (this season is a little eh)
    The Big C
    The Office
    An Idiot Abroad

and my understanding hubby will sometimes stay in the room when I watch Grey's Anatomy lol

We're also in the middle of watching season three of Breaking Bad. Awesome fkn show.

For anyone who loved the UK version of The Office, and especially the Ricky Gervais podcasts - An Idiot Abroad is a MUST watch. Hilarious.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_sarah
    Looks like we'll have to check out Boardwalk Empire.

NZ TV is woefully behind. Years for some shows. I've taken to downloading stuff....our top watches at the moment are:

Dexter (warming up finally, anything was going to be less than last season which was amazing IMO)
    Weeds (this season is a little eh)
    The Big C
    The Office
    An Idiot Abroad

and my understanding hubby will sometimes stay in the room when I watch Grey's Anatomy lol

We're also in the middle of watching season three of Breaking Bad. Awesome fkn show.

For anyone who loved the UK version of The Office, and especially the Ricky Gervais podcasts - An Idiot Abroad is a MUST watch. Hilarious.
    Thanks for the tip. Never heard of it. Will check it out.