Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autographed Football

Re: Autographed Football

The values of autographed footballs have come down a lot. I recently got an authenticated Terry Bradshaw for $75, an authenticated Greene, Greenwood, Holmes, White one for $100 and a Hines Ward one for $100. As with everything in this economy, it's a good time to buy.

If it's not authenticated and if it's not in a condition that would look good displayed, it may be worth a lot less than you think it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by plainnasty
    The values of autographed footballs have come down a lot. I recently got an authenticated Terry Bradshaw for $75, an authenticated Greene, Greenwood, Holmes, White one for $100 and a Hines Ward one for $100. As with everything in this economy, it's a good time to buy.

If it's not authenticated and if it's not in a condition that would look good displayed, it may be worth a lot less than you think it should be.
    Individual sig balls are a bit different than a ball with multiple big name sigs. I fully suspect he could get at least 500 for the ball if they autographs are in good shape and have been taken care of.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

And as morbid as it sounds, the value may increase because White and Gilliam have died, so it is not possible to have such a ball re-created at a trade show somewhere.

kingkool

Thanks all, for the input.
    The ball and autographs are both "display quality".
    I'd never sell the thing, was just curious as to what it might be worth.

I know it would not bring thousands, so there's no need to ever sell it. It's worth much more to me than the monetary part. It's a nice, one of a kind, piece of Steeler history.

Thanks.