Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autographed Football

kingkool

Autographed Football

Does anbyody have a guesstimate value of an authentic NFL football signed by the following list of Steelers:

1. Terry Bradshaw
    2.Terry Hanratty
    3. Rocky Bleier
    4. Jack Ham
    5. LC Greenwood
    6. Mike Wagner
    7. Jon Kolb
    8. Joe Gilliam
    9. Dwight White
    10. John McMakin

Football was obtained in 1974 or 1975. Grandfather worked at 3 Rivers Stadium as an usher and the ball was given to him by Art Rooney.
    Unfortunately, there is no note or letter from Mr Rooney that accompanies the ball.

All opinions welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Kingkool.

Re: Autographed Football

Quote Originally Posted by kingkool
    Does anbyody have a guesstimate value of an authentic NFL football signed by the following list of Steelers:

1. Terry Bradshaw
    2.Terry Hanratty
    3. Rocky Bleier
    4. Jack Ham
    5. LC Greenwood
    6. Mike Wagner
    7. Jon Kolb
    8. Joe Gilliam
    9. Dwight White
    10. John McMakin

Football was obtained in 1974 or 1975. Grandfather worked at 3 Rivers Stadium as an usher and the ball was given to him by Art Rooney.
    Unfortunately, there is no note or letter from Mr Rooney that accompanies the ball.

All opinions welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Kingkool.

It's not worth any thing send it to me and I will dispose of it for you

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer

1. Terry Bradshaw
    2.Terry Hanratty
    3. Rocky Bleier
    4. Jack Ham
    5. LC Greenwood
    6. Mike Wagner
    7. Jon Kolb
    8. Joe Gilliam
    9. Dwight White
    10. John McMakin

All opinions welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Kingkool.

And THAT is why you are one of the good guys on this board.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

It's hard to say. Generally speaking a ball signed by Bradshaw alone will go for 150-200. It's worth what someone will pay for it. I would say a fair price would be about 5-600 dollars but probably could sell it for more to the right collector.

Pro Bowler

1. Terry Bradshaw
    2.Terry Hanratty
    3. Rocky Bleier
    4. Jack Ham
    5. LC Greenwood
    6. Mike Wagner
    7. Jon Kolb
    8. Joe Gilliam
    9. Dwight White
    10. John McMakin

All opinions welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Kingkool.

1. Terry Bradshaw
    2.Terry Hanratty
    3. Rocky Bleier
    4. Jack Ham
    5. LC Greenwood
    6. Mike Wagner
    7. Jon Kolb
    8. Joe Gilliam
    9. Dwight White
    10. John McMakin

All opinions welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Kingkool.

That shit is some serious funny, I don't care who you are.

Hall of Famer

Without any letter or certificate of authenticity, it is really hard to say, probably not as much as you'd hope. Buyers will naturally be leery as they'll be worried that it is a fake. Any way that you can convince buyers that it is real will help. For instance, do you have a picture of your father with Art Rooney Sr or a picture of him at his job? Including anything like this in a sales listing (like on ebay) will help.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

If you are looking to sell it rather than just wondering what it is worth, then you would probably be wise to have the signatures authenticated by some sort of third party company.

http://www.spenceloa.com/services.asp

It will make a world of difference to collectors or eBayers or whoever is looking to buy to know that it has been validated by a known company.

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    If you are looking to sell it rather than just wondering what it is worth, then you would probably be wise to have the signatures authenticated by some sort of third party company.

http://www.spenceloa.com/services.asp

It will make a world of difference to collectors or eBayers or whoever is looking to buy to know that it has been validated by a known company.
    Good advice...it has to be authenticated. The story would need to be told and then authenticated by a very well respected company. If you get that I would start the ebay bidding at 500 and just see what transpires.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    It's hard to say. Generally speaking a ball signed by Bradshaw alone will go for 150-200. It's worth what someone will pay for it. I would say a fair price would be about 5-600 dollars but probably could sell it for more to the right collector.

Thanks a lot Shawn

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.