Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we the new Pats???

Re: Are we the new Pats???

No I would equate this hatred as similar to the hatred that is extended to dynasties like the Yankees.

Say what you will about them...they have been the most dominant team in their league...just like we are...

Success breeds jealousy/hatred.

and btw, I am not a Yankees fan...in fact, I hate them.

brothervad

no, not even remotely...

[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    The guy who burns me the most is my wife's cousin. Not actually related but their moms grew up together. He's a Pats fan and an idiot. Constantly saying chit to get under my skin. I had to de-friend or I was seriously going to drive to his house and hurt him. Not kidding. An example of how annoying he is...he is also a Michigan fan (just a coincidence that Brady went there) and a Red Sox fan (just a coincidence that they play in the same town as the Pats). I actually asked him when he became such a loyal fan to all three teams and he changed the subject. Funny thing is his parents are totally cool. Was at their house the summer after SB 43 and he started talking chit. I told him he could say what he wanted, we were champs...end of story. His dad high-fived me.

So yesterday my wife tells me that he posted on FB "the Dolphins got robbed." I took a deep breath and just laughed. Next time I see him I'm not going to say a word. I'm going to walk up to him and knock him the F&%K OUT!!!

He sounds a lot like my wife's cousin. Only he is a Dolphins fan. sure am looking forward to Thanksgiving

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    No I would equate this hatred as similar to the hatred that is extended to dynasties like the Yankees.

Say what you will about them...they have been the most dominant team in their league...just like we are...

brothervad
    I am not sure the Steelers have been the most dominant team in their league. They just have threaded the fine line between wins and losses when they needed to with opportunistic defense and a winner QB. In the 90's and the 2000's the Steelers did not have this ability or playmakers.

But I don't think they have been dominant like say the Steelers of the 70's or the Cowboys of the early 90's. I mean come on, most Sundays are nail biters for Steeler fans.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk

brothervad
    I am not sure the Steelers have been the most dominant team in their league. They just have threaded the fine line between wins and losses when they needed to with opportunistic defense and a winner QB. In the 90's and the 2000's the Steelers did not have this ability or playmakers.

But I don't think they have been dominant like say the Steelers of the 70's or the Cowboys of the early 90's. I mean come on, most Sundays are nail biters for Steeler fans.
    I would think brothervad might have meant in terms of championships. Yankees have the most World Series trophies and we have the most Lombardis. I brought my friend Bill, a huge Yankee fan, to Heinz a few years back. Walking through the Coca Cola Great Hall he said, "The Steelers are like the Yankees of football." He's a Dolphin fan.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    News flash: We have never been liked by anyone in the media or elsewhere because we win...alot.

The media hates us because we don't try to get onto "Hard Knocks" or invite them into our draft room to talk to Dan Rooney on draft day. We are "too hard" a story for the national media to cover and generally they are lazy and want to have easy storylines to pick up on to feed the 24/7 media machine.

The dirty little secret is however that the Steelers are the one who are truly America's team. Just watch how ee take over stadiums for road games. It infuriates local fans and local media.
    Exactly and had Ben been the QB of any other team, the crap wouldn't have hit the fan in the media like it did.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

brothervad

I would think brothervad might have meant in terms of championships. Yankees have the most World Series trophies and we have the most Lombardis. I brought my friend Bill, a huge Yankee fan, to Heinz a few years back. Walking through the Coca Cola Great Hall he said, "The Steelers are like the Yankees of football." He's a Dolphin fan.
    And just think...we do it without spending more on 1 or 2 guys that half the league spends on their entire roster!

No, we're not. Just saying over the past two weeks I've felt the need to defend our beloved Black & Gold from jackasses who've called us dirty, cheap shot artists and cheaters. Its to the point where I've actually defriended two people on FB. I try not to get pulled into an argument, but I can't help it. Seems that most people are ignorant of league rules and just repeat what they hear from TV or from other morons.

It started with defending Ben and is continuing now during the season. Hoping for a dominant and controversy free win this Sunday night. 'Cause if I hear one more person bad mouthing the Steelers, I'll be posting from prison. Well, if I get computer privileges

I have a facebook "friend", actually a former co-worker (don't hang out with the guy personally) who is a Steelers fan, but has taken to hating Ben. . . that's cool, to each their own, I respect that. But he has yet to have a facebook post about Ben without calling him a rapist. For whatever reason, it always get to me, but I never post on it. I believe Ben may have been a douschbag, but I have never thought he raped anyone, and I think most people believe that. I just feel like calling someone that, or raplesberger, is just crossing a line of some sort.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    No, we're not. Just saying over the past two weeks I've felt the need to defend our beloved Black & Gold from jackasses who've called us dirty, cheap shot artists and cheaters. Its to the point where I've actually defriended two people on FB. I try not to get pulled into an argument, but I can't help it. Seems that most people are ignorant of league rules and just repeat what they hear from TV or from other morons.

It started with defending Ben and is continuing now during the season. Hoping for a dominant and controversy free win this Sunday night. 'Cause if I hear one more person bad mouthing the Steelers, I'll be posting from prison. Well, if I get computer privileges

I have a facebook "friend", actually a former co-worker (don't hang out with the guy personally) who is a Steelers fan, but has taken to hating Ben. . . that's cool, to each their own, I respect that. But he has yet to have a facebook post about Ben without calling him a rapist. For whatever reason, it always get to me, but I never post on it. I believe Ben may have been a douschbag, but I have never thought he raped anyone, and I think most people believe that. I just feel like calling someone that, or raplesberger, is just crossing a line of some sort.
    Yeah, the one former friend who's a Dolphins fan was calling Ben, Rapistberger while also calling him a liar for saying he had the ball under the pile. If you want to discuss the game, fine. Name calling is for children and I can't tolerate it.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

brothervad

And just think...we do it without spending more on 1 or 2 guys that half the league spends on their entire roster!
    I think he meant more about the history, the championships and the number of HOF players on both teams.