Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we the new Pats???

Pro Bowler

Re: Are we the new Pats???

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    No, we don't cheat....
    No, but we are dirty. Afterall, we have 2 of the dirtiest players on the team.
    Who doesn't shower? :P

Pappy

I shower once every other week whether I need it or not.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Pro Bowler

My standard reply - "6 Lombardi's! Suck it!" (the suck it part is optional depending on who I'm responding to at the time.

There's no reponse to the Steelers having won more Super Bowls than any team in the NFL.

Pro Bowler

Living down here in Skins and Ravens territory, we're not exactly well liked but the Steelers are respected. No thinks we've cheated our way to 6 Lombardi's. Now, I think if you polled people about that call in the end zone in Miami........

Not asterisk by our name though, that's for sure.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chachi
    Maybe it's because I live behind enemy lines in Cheater-land, but, you guys are way too thin skinned. Who the fu-ck cares what others think of the Steelers? I run into it all the time and, as rpmpit said, with out fail it is a mixture of ignorance, jealousy, and/or bias. More often than not, it's all the above.

You guys have to realize anyone poking you with a stick only wants a negative reaction and the more you give the more satisfaction they get. Make your point, if they keep poking, just let it go.

It is fun being the superior lifeform. Who cares what losers think.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Two things perpetuate this.........

#1 Whiners will usually have smaller numbers than the quiet majority but make much more noise.

#2 Storylines, when fed, will grow and begin to feed off of itself. The Ben incident, which is really an ongoing story - incident, then suspension, then season starts without him, then he returns - and anything that is the least bit controversial beyond that gets blown up way out of proportion, often at the expense of more valid stories. The main story last week should have been the Meriweather cheap shot, instead it was Harrison's $75K fine, his retirement talk, his return.

This week I saw two questionable endings that were in the hands of the refs. In one game there was 2 1/2 minutes left when a quick TD signal and whistle brought the play to an end. Therefore the play does not continue and the ball is returned to the team that last held possession. While the result is unfortunate for the Dolphins, the whistle made the play irreversable.

In another game the situation was overtime. A player has the ball when his progress is stopped. He is actually picked up and carried before the ball is stripped from him for a turnover. In this situation there is full replay capability. The ref could have easily looked at the replay to overturn the fumble, but it stood.

Now, my intent here is not to complain about the Ravens victory. My intent is to point out the inequity in coverage of two similarly controversial endings. One was caused by a live error in calling the play dead, but the other gave the officials time to review and make the right call. Whether or not they did why was the Steelers game front page news while the Ravens question was buried on page 38 after the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    My standard reply - "6 Lombardi's! Suck it!" (the suck it part is optional depending on who I'm responding to at the time.

There's no reponse to the Steelers having won more Super Bowls than any team in the NFL.

That's funny.... I generally tend to ignore the jibes, which often solicits more insults and a "hey did you hear?".... my retort:

"I'm sorry I can't hear you behind the six Lombardi's my team has won!"

It quickly shuts them up.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost

That's funny.... I generally tend to ignore the jibes, which often solicits more insults and a "hey did you hear?".... my retort:

"I'm sorry I can't hear you behind the six Lombardi's my team has won!"

It quickly shuts them up.
    I was at either a Leaf or Raptor game a couple of years ago proudly wearing my leather Steelers jacket. I was walking by to get a beer when some guy sitting with his buddies makes a comment. I look at him and see him in Cowboys gear. I smile and hold up six fingers without breaking stride. The idiot just had a blank look on his face while his friends just started laughing at him and slapping him on the back like he just got punked.....which he did.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

The Steelers make other teams' superstars look bad. Fans of other teams (and the league as a whole for that matter) doesn't like it when superstars look bad. Of course, sometimes we make scrubs look good too, but that's beside the point. :P

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Steelers aren't the problem, your Facebook addiction is the problem. Just drop your keyboard and slowly back away. :P
    LOL!!! You know me too well!

Pro Bowler

The guy who burns me the most is my wife's cousin. Not actually related but their moms grew up together. He's a Pats fan and an idiot. Constantly saying chit to get under my skin. I had to de-friend or I was seriously going to drive to his house and hurt him. Not kidding. An example of how annoying he is...he is also a Michigan fan (just a coincidence that Brady went there) and a Red Sox fan (just a coincidence that they play in the same town as the Pats). I actually asked him when he became such a loyal fan to all three teams and he changed the subject. Funny thing is his parents are totally cool. Was at their house the summer after SB 43 and he started talking chit. I told him he could say what he wanted, we were champs...end of story. His dad high-fived me.

So yesterday my wife tells me that he posted on FB "the Dolphins got robbed." I took a deep breath and just laughed. Next time I see him I'm not going to say a word. I'm going to walk up to him and knock him the F&%K OUT!!!