Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Are we the new Pats???

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Are we the new Pats???

    No, we're not. Just saying over the past two weeks I've felt the need to defend our beloved Black & Gold from jackasses who've called us dirty, cheap shot artists and cheaters. Its to the point where I've actually defriended two people on FB. I try not to get pulled into an argument, but I can't help it. Seems that most people are ignorant of league rules and just repeat what they hear from TV or from other morons.

    It started with defending Ben and is continuing now during the season. Hoping for a dominant and controversy free win this Sunday night. 'Cause if I hear one more person bad mouthing the Steelers, I'll be posting from prison. Well, if I get computer privileges

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    No, we don't cheat....

  3. #3
    Backup
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    488

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    No, we don't cheat....
    No, but we are dirty. Afterall, we have 2 of the dirtiest players on the team.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,276

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    News flash: We have never been liked by anyone in the media or elsewhere because we win...alot.

    The media hates us because we don't try to get onto "Hard Knocks" or invite them into our draft room to talk to Dan Rooney on draft day. We are "too hard" a story for the national media to cover and generally they are lazy and want to have easy storylines to pick up on to feed the 24/7 media machine.

    The dirty little secret is however that the Steelers are the one who are truly America's team. Just watch how ee take over stadiums for road games. It infuriates local fans and local media.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,939

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    No, we don't cheat....
    No, but we are dirty. Afterall, we have 2 of the dirtiest players on the team.
    Who doesn't shower? :P

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    Steelers aren't the problem, your Facebook addiction is the problem. Just drop your keyboard and slowly back away. :P

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,018

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    News flash: We have never been liked by anyone in the media or elsewhere because we win...alot.

    The media hates us because we don't try to get onto "Hard Knocks" or invite them into our draft room to talk to Dan Rooney on draft day. We are "too hard" a story for the national media to cover and generally they are lazy and want to have easy storylines to pick up on to feed the 24/7 media machine.

    The dirty little secret is however that the Steelers are the one who are truly America's team. Just watch how ee take over stadiums for road games. It infuriates local fans and local media.
    When you win a lot people get mad. We also don't have cheerleaders... we aren't flashy. We hit really hard and shut down super star RB's...

    ...and we only have the logo on one side of the helmet! I know it sounds funny but I have heard more than a few friends just lose it over that 1 logo. "Why not add the other one since you guys can afford it now?" Nope... we do things a little different in the "burgh"

    we also are the only city with an h on the end of "burg"

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    We aren't the Pats...we've actually won a Super Bowl in the last 5 seasons.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  9. #9

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    We aren't the Pats...we've actually won a Super Bowl in the last 5 seasons.
    Woooooooooooo!!!!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  10. #10
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    At the Quarterback
    Posts
    456

    Re: Are we the new Pats???

    Maybe it's because I live behind enemy lines in Cheater-land, but, you guys are way too thin skinned. Who the fu-ck cares what others think of the Steelers? I run into it all the time and, as rpmpit said, with out fail it is a mixture of ignorance, jealousy, and/or bias. More often than not, it's all the above.

    You guys have to realize anyone poking you with a stick only wants a negative reaction and the more you give the more satisfaction they get. Make your point, if they keep poking, just let it go.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •