Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay James Harrisons' Bogus Fine

Legend

User Info Menu

Pay James Harrisons' Bogus Fine

Pretty cool that they started this........Check it out

[url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pay-James-Harrisons-Bogus-Fine/134796989903782"]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pay-James ... 6989903782[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Pay James Harrisons' Bogus Fine

If you send it to the NFL offices it will go to charity and Harrison won't see one penny of it. Nice thought, but the Rooney's are the ones that should clamoring for their check book, not the fans.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    If you send it to the NFL offices it will go to charity and Harrison won't see one penny of it. Nice thought, but the Rooney's are the ones that should clamoring for their check book, not the fans.

Pappy
    I think its more about being heard than really trying to pay the fine. Everyone is taking pics of the envelope and dollar before sending it off....some are pretty funny
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe my accompanying note would have to be simple....

Dear Roger,

You suck at your job.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is genius. I hope it gets a lot of exposure. Fuck Goodell. Sick and tired of this teeing off on Steeler players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    This is genius. I hope it gets a lot of exposure. Fuck Goodell. Sick and tired of this teeing off on Steeler players.
    Its starting to get a lot of exposure. A few articles and a phone interview with the creator on WTAE.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

For the record, the girl who started it is a proud member of The Steel City Mafia!!!

Oh yeah. Goodell sucks!!!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Odds & Ends
    [url="http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/blog-n-gold/22675-odds-a-ends"]http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/ind ... dds-a-ends[/url]
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 02:35 PM
    Written by Dan Gigler

A six-pack of Black & Gold tidbits for a Thursday ...

1. Sacks for Kids.

silverbackattackLeah Griffin, the Baltimore woman who started the Pay James Harrison's Bogus Fine Facebok page (13,000+ members) reports that she's spoken with folks in the NFL offices and indicated that any money sent to Park Ave. in honor of #92's aggressive play should be re-routed to James Harrison's charity, Sacks For Kids, based through the Beaver County YMCA.

Leah said: "Sacks for Kids is a program that provides "scholarships" for kids who want to join the YMCA but can't. Once a child applies and is accepted, they are granted a one year membership to the YMCA. ... A lot of these kids can not afford it and without the Y would more than likely be at home by themselves while parents are working...or worse, running the streets with no supervision."

A representative from the NFL is supposed to be in touch with her once the money is totaled.

If you'd like to donate to this worthy program, here is the contact info:

Renee Sannan
    Beaver County YMCA
    c/o Sacks for Kids
    2236 Third Avenue
    New Brighton, PA 15066
    (724-847-2200)

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pappy
    when i first heard about the fines i was hoping the rooney's would put up the money for harrison. its not fair the guy has to pay 75K for playing hard football. he didnt do anything wrong. eventhough 75K isnt much to him it still isnt right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

Pappy
    when i first heard about the fines i was hoping the rooney's would put up the money for harrison. its not fair the guy has to pay 75K for playing hard football. he didnt do anything wrong. eventhough 75K isnt much to him it still isnt right.
    The Steelers organization may have done something for Silverback; they just don't advertise these types of things, it's family business and they tend to keep it that way. Based on the support Silverback has received from Tomlin and the organization I'd be surprised if they didn't "compensate" him in some fashion for the fine.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount