Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #43 is great, but #91 is the unsung hero

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: #43 is great, but #91 is the unsung hero

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    This guy is the prototype for the 3-4 DE position. I've got him in my top 10 Steelers of all time right now.
    Thats a good choice. BTW, where do you have Lambert?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Quote Originally Posted by msp26505
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    This forum is filled with praise for #91. We all know what he means to this team.
    That's why I started with "no real surprise to many around here".

I mean in the national media, he is often under-appreciated. There are definitely some who understand his impact, but because he is not a sack machine, his name is barely recognizable to much of the NFL
    But you also said this:

Of course, Troy also helps in the run D and Aaron with the pass D, but I just think Aaron Smith is grossly under-appreciated, even among the Steeler faithful.
    And I'm telling you I don't think that's true. I think vast majority of us have come to appreciate how much he means to the defense by now.
    Got it.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Legend

User Info Menu

This forum is filled with praise for #91. We all know what he means to this team.

I mean in the national media, he is often under-appreciated. There are definitely some who understand his impact, but because he is not a sack machine, his name is barely recognizable to much of the NFL
    Except for the other 31 offensive coordinators.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have always loved and spoken up about A. Smith. He could be the best 3-4 DE of all time but........there is no way that he gets any real HOF consideration. The only HOF consideration he gets is what was said in Coach Lebeau's speech.

Amongst Steeler faithful I think that the true unsung hero is Keisel. We often mention how underappreciated AS is, but in the following sentence will talk about how easily replaceable Keisel is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    This guy is the prototype for the 3-4 DE position. I've got him in my top 10 Steelers of all time right now.
    Thats a good choice. BTW, where do you have Lambert?
    1. Ben
    2. Terry
    3. Troy P
    4. Mean Joe
    5. Jack Ham
    6. Lambert
    7. Dirt
    8. Swann
    9. Casey
    10. Smitty

BUt this changes every day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Except for the other 31 offensive coordinators.

Pappy
    And 62 other RG's and RT's.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

When these Cleveland Clowns fans around here say to me, "the Steeler D really missed Troy last year." I alway reply," having Aaron Smith and Troy back has really made a difference." I guess unless you're a Steeler fan, Aaron Smith doesn't get the credit he deserves.