Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inspirtational Quotes

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Inspirtational Quotes

Two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy.

First, let her think she's having her way and
    Second, let her have it

Lyndon B. Johnson

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

THis job would be great if it wasn't for the f&#$ing customers - guy in Clerks

Pretty much sums up a man's working life....

Legend

User Info Menu

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
    -Benjamin Franklin

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
    -Thomas Jefferson

As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
    -Robert E. Lee

The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    -Robert E. Lee

Boy, those French: they have a different word for everything!
    -Steve Martin

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
    -George S. Patton

Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever lose a war.
    -George S. Patton

Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
    -George S. Patton
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
    -George S. Patton
    Wonder if Goodell mentioned this to Harrison before he fined him?

Starter

User Info Menu

"Time is what we want most, but what, alas! we use worst.." - Bill Penn

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"Logical consequences are the scarecrows of fools and the beacons of wise men." - Thomas Huxley

"The good traveler never arrives" - Lao Tzu

"That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" - Not sure who said this first

EDIT: OK, that last one's not inspirational. But I still like it.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Boy, those French: they have a different word for everything!
    -Steve Martin
    I find that this is more true of Germans:

For example:

Telekommunikationssytemelektroniker
    Einhandmotorkettensägenführerlehrgangsteilnahmeb estätigung
    Supermarkteinkaufstütenbeschriftung

or even

ratskeller (pub beneath street level)

See here for more:

[url="http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=23343"]http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=23343[/url]
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever,

Shane Falco

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lately I've been dropping this one a lot:

?"Life is for living, folks. Don't let a number be anything other than a number. Don't let somebody tell you that you're too old to do this or too old to do that. Stay in life. Life is a gift. It's a joy. Don't drop out of it. Don't let somebody else tell you and don't let your mind tell you."- Dick LeBeau
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...