Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doug Gottlieb is an idiot

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Doug Gottlieb is an idiot

I'm sure many of you heard him spewing about how Ben is completely replaceable as the Steelers QB based on how they have been playing thru the first two weeks. He went as far to say that he did nothing to win either Super Bowl other than the winning pass in XLIII to Santonio. Unbelievable how no one outside of Steer Nation recognizes that the Steelers never would have sniffed XL without Ben, and he played very well in XLIII as well. I guess he also failed to notice that the Steelers O ranks 31st in the league right now. No matter how dominant our D is, we cannot reach the SB this year without better offensive production, and that starts with Ben back at the helm. Just my 2 cents.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Doug Gottlieb is an idiot

So a college basketball player is now an NFL expert?

Backup

User Info Menu

Anyone who doubts the greatness that is Ben Roethlisberger either doesn't like the guy or cannot appreciate any other type of quaterbacking besides the Manning/Brees style.

Ben is probably the most unique QB ever.

That's right I said it. No other QB has his combination of , size , strength, escapability , accuracy , poise and arm strength. Not to mention his otherworldly ability to win when the game is on the line and stay as cool as the other side of the pillow while doing it.

I fully expect Ben to hit the field come October 17th, with a VENGEANCE !!!!

Show 'em how it's done #7 , BIG BEN STYLE BABY !!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Drew Brees is so overrated its sickening. This is the same guy who was benched for for 40 something Doug Flutie, and was so bad at the Chargers wanted to replace him at age 25.

But now that he dumps the ball off short all season he's great? Spare me.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Drew Brees is so overrated its sickening. This is the same guy who was benched for for 40 something Doug Flutie, and was so bad at the Chargers wanted to replace him at age 25.

But now that he dumps the ball off short all season he's great? Spare me.
    You couldn't be more wrong. Brees is a fantastic QB.

I think if you polled every D coordinator in the league they'd tell you the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Brees is a great QB imo. Despite being small for a QB he has every throw in his arsenal. He's also succeeded in two separate offenses with diff. personnel. I think he's the glue that holds that entire team together.

If anything, I'd compare him and Ben in the sense that they do so much for “their” team.....and without Brees, the Saints don't win the SB. Same could be said for Ben/Steelers.

Not trying to persuade anyone....just my opinion.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

about Brees: As much as I like Marty Schottenheimer as a coach, he totally mishandled Drew Brees in San Diego. Brees could throw two TDs, but as soon as he made a bad throw, Marty wanted to give him the hook. Drew Brees is a very talented QB. So is Ben, and I would take Ben every day of the week, even over Manning.

About Gotleib: My wife actually called me on the phone and held it up to the radio. She wanted to reach through and punch Gotleib in the face for being so ignorant. And that is exactly what it was, ignorant. Even Steeler hater Colin Cowherd would tell doug he was being idiotic. In fact, I am pretty sure 9 out of 10 sports talking heads would say he was being an idiot. And, FWIW, he slobbers all over Phillip Rivers. I liked Gotleib at one time, but he has just turned into a smarmy douchbag.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHead
    Anyone who doubts the greatness that is Ben Roethlisberger either doesn't like the guy or cannot appreciate any other type of quaterbacking besides the Manning/Brees style.

That's right I said it. No other QB has his combination of , size , strength, escapability , accuracy , poise and arm strength. Not to mention his otherworldly ability to win when the game is on the line and stay as cool as the other side of the pillow while doing it.

You DO know your football!!

People who don't know about Ben...will know.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHead

You DO know your football!!

People who don't know about Ben...will know.
    Ben isn't afraid to throw it in people's faces on the national stage . . . he called out all the o-line detracters after the SB when he praised his O-line . . . "Who's laughin' now, o-line". It's what I love about him, and I really, really hope he gets the chance to do it again. As much as I question his actions of this past summer, I think he embodies the emotion that many of us feel.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

well ben did play terrible in the three playoff games before sb40...oh wait, he outplayed palmer/kitna-manning- and plummer, but he sucks, and any qb can go 90 yds in a 2 minute drive in the super bowl, no big deal, besides we all know that that drive was because the reciever ran after they caught it, so he should be subtracted some yards...Right guys???,

what is thd difference between orton and big ben??? nothing, they each have the same track record