Thread: I can't believe Greg Giraldo is dead

Legend

I can't believe Greg Giraldo is dead

fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck fsck

Why does it always seem like the truly funny ones leave us too soon while the Dane Cooks of the world just keep going and going and going?

Greg Giraldo was one funny, funny man...44 is way too young. I am seriously bummed and seriously pissed off about it at the same time.

RIP Greg Giraldo.

[youtube:3t1s867a]6o6DF2qKucg[/youtube:3t1s867a]

Legend

Re: I can't believe Greg Giraldo is dead

Holy crap!!! I just met him a couple of months ago. He's one of my favorite comedians. This is horrible news.

Did you know he's a Harvard grad?

I thought he was just some funny doucher that everyone made fun of on roasts and he really surprised me how nice and intelligent he was.

RIP Double G

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Holy crap!!! I just met him a couple of months ago. He's one of my favorite comedians. This is horrible news.

I thought he was just some funny doucher that everyone made fun of on roasts and he really surprised me how nice and intelligent he was.

RIP Double G
    Yes I knew he was a Harvard grad. Was never lucky enough to meet him but I've been following his career for a very long time. He was a very funny man.

He left behind a wife and 3 young boys.

Very sad. He'll be missed.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

RIP Double G
    Yes I knew he was a Harvard grad. Was never lucky enough to meet him but I've been following his career for a very long time. He was a very funny man.

He left behind a wife and 3 young boys.

Very sad. He'll be missed.
    I never really followed him. Just saw and liked him on tons of roasts. I saw him do stand up for the first time this year and he was awesome.

It surprised me how different his stand up is vs his roasting persona.

I'm really bummed about this one. It's a shame that most comics are drug addicts/alcoholics for the most part. THey have a tough life - on the road most of the time and get paid very little for it.

It's cool how accessible these guys are after their shows. Most usually hang out and drink in the clubs they play. But it's a messed up lifestyle.

I read it was an accidental overdose from a prescription, but I am a bit skeptical and think he may have had a real drug problem.

It is so sad.

Legend

It's no secret that he had addictions.

Jim Gaffigan tweeted today, "Dear Addiction, Fsck you. Goodbye Greg. I love you."

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

RIP Double G
    He went to Columbia and then Harvard Law and was a practicing attorney before deciding to screw it all and do comedy instead. That takes some cojones. He was one funny dude, particularly as an insult comic on the Roasts. Of all of those regulars, Greg seemed to be the one who had his head screwed on straight for the most part, but I guess he had his demons as well. R.I.P.

One of my all-time favorites, Mitch Hedberg, also left us too soon. He was the one guy that I could actually say was somewhat Steven Wright like (who is my all time favorite). With Mitch gone, Demetri Martin seems to be heading down that Wright-Hedberg comedy path to a certain extent.

Legend

Gilbet Godfried tweets - If Greg is creamated, will that be the Greg Giraldo Roast?

I heard Greg was in a coma and the family pulled the cord on life support. THat makes me feel icky.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Gilbet Godfried tweets - If Greg is creamated, will that be the Greg Giraldo Roast?
    I like Patton Oswalt's better: "If there's a heaven then Einstein, Asimov, Voltaire and Anne Frank are getting the $#!% roasted out of 'em tonight."

I heard Greg was in a coma and the family pulled the cord on life support. THat makes me feel icky.
    He was hospitalized for 5 days before he died. I'd have to guess that he must have had some pretty strict stipulations in his living will regarding life sustaining devices beyond just a routine "Do Not Resuscitate" order.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

RIP Double G
    He went to Columbia and then Harvard Law and was a practicing attorney before deciding to screw it all and do comedy instead. That takes some cojones. He was one funny dude, particularly as an insult comic on the Roasts. Of all of those regulars, Greg seemed to be the one who had his head screwed on straight for the most part, but I guess he had his demons as well. R.I.P.

One of my all-time favorites, Mitch Hedberg, also left us too soon. He was the one guy that I could actually say was somewhat Steven Wright like (who is my all time favorite). With Mitch gone, Demetri Martin seems to be heading down that Wright-Hedberg comedy path to a certain extent.
    mitch hedberg is one of my all time favorite comedians. its funny you say that because i always compare mitch hedberg to steven wright as well. i was so upset when mitch hedberg od'ed and now another great comedian dies. what a shame