Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music...what's playing at your place?

Backup

Music...what's playing at your place?

Ok dudes, I know a lot of you here have great taste in music (if you like Justin Beiber I'll still love you as a Steeler's fan, just with a little less respect)....so....let's get into it, whatcha listening to at the moment?

This week I've been playing the new Linkin Park album a lot - I know there are mixed feelings on this one out there on the interwebs but I dig it. "When They Come For Me" (NSFW) is my football song for the year. Gets me revved up for games.....you need a little extra help at 4am sometimes. It's a great album to blast while on the treadmill too.

[youtube:3ilvbhid]ZEShIn_fyLM?fs[/youtube:3ilvbhid]

I've also been playing the new Stone Sour album a bunch. Love it.

[youtube:3ilvbhid]eEn-nTkbEM0?fs[/youtube:3ilvbhid]

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Music...what's playing at your place?

I've got the Foo Fighters Greatest Hits CD going. Good stuff. The song order they chose is interesting, as they go directly from the intensity of "Monkey Wrench" right into the significantly more tame "Big Me" but I guess that obvious disparity shows that band's range. Got into this band shortly after seeing them as an opening act at a Red Hot Chili Peppers show back in the day. Dave Grohl ventured off stage and sang as he went all throughout the audience, which was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to see them again since they have become headliners (with a 9 year old and a 5 year old, I think the last concert I attended was probably the Wiggles, who are from your corner of the globe...or more specifically from Chadman's, I suppose). Speaking of musical acts from your neck of the woods, I had to chuckle when I saw the New Zealand tourism poster du jour in Murray Hewitt's office on an episode of "Flight of the Conchords" last night. I'd like to see those guys in concert (that kind of stupid humor is right up my alley), but I doubt that it will ever happen, because my wife thinks that is just about the dumbest show ever. But you never know...she's not a big Python fan like me, but she did get me tickets to see Spamalot when it first opened on Broadway and the cast included Tim Curry, Hank Azaria, and David Hyde Pierce.

Legend

I was just listening to 30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill.

Jared Leto makes me nostalgic for Pittsburgh. Anyone remember the show "My So Called Life" he was on with Claire Daines? It supposedly took place in a high school in Pittsburgh, although they called the town Three Rivers, Pa. It was one of the best teenage shows ever done. But it was way ahead of it's time so it got canceled. Every time my wife catches me listening to 30 Seconds to Mars, she comments about Jared being Jordan Catalano.

The last few songs on my iPod were:

Bombs Over Baghdad - Outkast
    Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row
    Popular - Kristen Chenoweth
    Mr Brownstone - GNR
    Sailing - Christopher Cross
    Kick Start My Heart - Motley Crue
    Human Nature - MJ
    Airplanes - BoB and Haley Williams
    Use Somebody - KoL
    Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Count me in the Justin Beiber camp. JB's uber talented. Probably the best young male performer since MJ and Justin Timberlake. Too bad it isn't cool to admit liking him. He's one of those long line of acts that everyone loves but no one other than a young girl will admit.

I like almost all genres of music except country. I just can't get into it.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I seriously have no idea what Justin Bieber sings. All I know of him is a haircut, because that is who gets referenced when people make fun of Brady's new 'do.

Backup

I'll have to look out the Foo Fighters best of.....I think I have all their other albums. It took me a long time to warm up to the Foo lol I think that silly mentos inspired video was the first thing of theirs I ever saw and it gave me this "they're just goofy, not a real band" impression. I watched....um....I think it was a VH1 Storytellers recently, and I was impressed.

I love 30 Seconds to Mars Flippy! They were here in NZ recently but unfortunately traveling to see them was out of the question. I liked Jared Leto as an actor, totally dig him as a frontman, great voice.....great sing-along rock. "The Kill" is a firm favourite on my "heartbreak" playlist!

Ugh @ Bieber. The kid was (is I guess) talented when he was on YouTube and stuff. He can play any instrument known to man. I would have rather seen him....you know....struggle a little - work at it....play live gigs, find his sound and his voice....he could have been amazing. The bubblegum, manufactured pop thing does nothing for me and I must be getting old because I'm a little concerned at his lack of education lol

I have a friend who is BIG TIME into Flight of the Conchords. They don't really do that many shows at home here in NZ anymore, but there was a time you could go see them for $10 and they'd perform all the (much funnier) songs they used in season one. New Zealand used to be known for the Haka, Kiwifruit and Sheep - now the references are more likely to involve hobbits or FOTC.

Speaking of New Zealand....anyone remember Crowded House? They were probably our biggest import onto the world music stage....I've seen Neil Finn in concert a few times, most recently sharing the stage with Pearl Jam (he's best friend's with Eddie Vedder) and though I don't go out of my way to listen to their music, I love it. "Don't dream it's over" might be their most well known song I think....but I love this one...
    [youtube8yvaz32]82JZh3VyE2M?fs=1[/youtube8yvaz32]

I've been listening to Big Boi's new album, Mayer Hawthorne's A Strange Arrangement, and this new Cee Lo song NSFW BAD LANGUAGE BLAH BLAH BLAH:

[youtubem6guaaw]pc0mxOXbWIU[/youtubem6guaaw]
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

And a lot of Colin Hay.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I seriously have no idea what Justin Bieber sings. All I know of him is a haircut, because that is who gets referenced when people make fun of Brady's new 'do.
    He sings cheesy pop you can't get out of your head. His music is annoying, but the kid's super talented. His voice is pure. He plays piano, guitar, drums, etc. And the kid's got charm and seems innocent. It'll be interesting to see what he does as he grows up.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_sarah

Speaking of New Zealand....anyone remember Crowded House?
    I remember the song Something So Strong. Their happiness in that video always cracked me up.

Legend

[quote="eniparadoxgma"]I've been listening to Big Boi's new album[/quote

Big Boi without Andre3000 is like Peanut Butter without Jelly.