Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One 3-0 to another 3-0---somewhat unlikely in both cases

HardlinerKC

One 3-0 to another 3-0---somewhat unlikely in both cases

And so it is. There are reasons why the Chiefs are 3-0 right now, and just as many reasons why they never should. Could the same be said of the Steel? Yeah, thought that might be the case.

First of all, congrats to each team! Yea! What a start to the season. I think both our teams have something in common: Excellent head coaches and staffs. My guy, Haley, says it very well: "We haven't done anything yet. We're working at getting better each week but know that all we have is a good start without having proven anything for 2010."

Some of you who know me from past posts on this site know that I'm no pollyanna either but this time, with this Chiefs team, something is different. Maybe the same is true with the Steel? I can't speak to that but just wanted to check in with the fans of another team that rule the roost in their divisions after 3 games. Good show everyone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: One 3-0 to another 3-0---somewhat unlikely in both cases

Congrats Hardliner. You were over due. Enjoy this ride.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Suddenly I hate the Chiefs! :P

Yes, IMO, it has to do with an upgraded D and Jamaal Charles. Dude is an absolute beast. His presence is definitely changing the play on the field. But signs of this were starting to show late last season, just way too late to undo the damage. I did expect this continue this year. Congratulations and enjoy the ride. You haven't even played the Faders yet!

Legend

User Info Menu

When I saw that the Steelers and the Chiefs were the only 3-0 teams in the NFL (until the Pack smacks around the Bears tonight at least), I thought about where the ol' Hardliner has been. I even called you out earlier today when giving Haley some props in our "Only game 3 but Tomlin" thread.

Congrats, man. I think excellent crowds who have been waiting for something to cheer about helped will your team to win against the Niners yesterday and especially in the monsoon against the Chargers on MNF during opening weekend.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hardliner is a cool dude. Congrats on your team's hot start.

I hate Todd Haley. He may be a good coach (Arizona has missed him), but I don't care for him personally at all.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Congrats on nothing Hardliner!

We should hate them more seeing as they are Patriots "midwest"...but it seems everyone still trying to be nice to you since you are a good dude (from your historical posting evidence anyway).

Seriously...good start though.

The staff has the attention of those youngsters. I like how much the youth is producing..especially on Special Teams. They are getting it done.

So is "Week 3 Cassel" the real thing, or was he an imposter? He might be the key to the season for you guys. If he plays competently, they will get things done in that division.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Congrats Hardliner. You were over due. Enjoy this ride.
    x2

Good to see you, Hardliner.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Congrats on the great start for your Chiefs Hardliner. I'm not a big Haley fan but I've thought over the past few years the Chiefs have gathered some of the best young talent in the league. It appears now they are using the experience they've gained into winning football games. Good luck on the rest of the season. Hopefully we will see you in the playoffs.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

HardlinerKC

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    When I saw that the Steelers and the Chiefs were the only 3-0 teams in the NFL (until the Pack smacks around the Bears tonight at least), I thought about where the ol' Hardliner has been. I even called you out earlier today when giving Haley some props in our "Only game 3 but Tomlin" thread.

Congrats, man. I think excellent crowds who have been waiting for something to cheer about helped will your team to win against the Niners yesterday and especially in the monsoon against the Chargers on MNF during opening weekend.

Thanks to all and even you, Ruthless It looks as if the Steel will only get better after they get back their starting QB for week 5. That Steeler D is still the gold standard for the league and with Polamalu back to his probowl form, I don't see anyone pushing Pittsburgh around including the usual suspects like Indy, the Patties, or, now (can it be?), the JETS. You have some payback to do in your own division, of course, but, as they say, speed never goes in a slump and that D is laden with it.

As to the Chiefs, the huge difference this year is the stellar defense against the run. That, and special teams play has been the main difference thus far. And those two elements, run D and ST excellence has been sorely lacking over oh, the past 10 years or so.

Still, lots of work to do and no time for complacency now, or ever. The next few games should tell the tale as to who has it and who only thought they had it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Congrats hardliner. It's been a long-time coming for you. Whaddaya say we raise a glass of ale to a Steelers/Chiefs AFCC game and share the duties of taking it to the precrowned royalty of the AFC (Colts/Pats*/Jets/Ravens).