Thread: thoughts on final drive

thoughts on final drive

Although our "D" played an absolutely great game. There was a flash back to last years "D" when the Titans recovered the on-side kick and were driving. All I have to say is, "thank God, we didn't resigned Nate the Great." That pass in the end zone was money, right in his hand.

But then again, if our "O" had a slight pulse, the score would of been totally out of reach of a come back.

Hat goes off to you Mr. Lebeau and crew.

Re: thoughts on final drive

It's a shame they lapsed into prevent, which allowed the Titans a glimmer of hope. I just don't get why LeBeau would change what had been working all game to completely shut down the Titans offense, but I'm sure a lot of fans feel that way.

I usually hate the Prevent but we have to remember - the guys had just got off the field, and had to go back on 1 kick later... It was Blazing hot out there.. We had no legs for any kind of Decent Pass rush.. they had no timeouts..

Playing our defense requires more energy than what we had at that point in the game. So playing the Prevent made the most sense.

Starter

I don't think there's anything MORE we could've asked from the D yesterday. If the offense had any inclination to get a first down, the D wouldn't have been that gassed.

My ONLY complaint with defense and ST is Will Allen's hamfisted attempt at a Hank Baskett impersonation...

<sigh>

Decent point about the defense being tired, but you can argue that giving them easy first downs keeps our boys out there longer than playing them honest would have. I'm no defensive expert and am not trying to act like LeBeau is a dunce - the man has earned the right to make whatever call seems best. I just think it is a mistake to change what is working and to let a team you had by the b5lls back into the game at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer
    Decent point about the defense being tired, but you can argue that giving them easy first downs keeps our boys out there longer than playing them honest would have. I'm no defensive expert and am not trying to act like LeBeau is a dunce - the man has earned the right to make whatever call seems best. I just think it is a mistake to change what is working and to let a team you had by the b5lls back into the game at the very end.
    not to argue, but in a "what have you done for me lately" world.. the DeF had just given up a drive for 8 - so a change needed to be made. They were gassed - you could see it when the 2minute bell went off, Timmons immediatly took a knee.
    to come right back out and play pressure Def was asking for a mistake to be made... (I.E.) the superbowl when Fitgerald Gashed us

Pro Bowler

I thought the incomplete to Washington was a lot more great defense than it was a drop by the WR. The ball gets punched away right at the exact moment needed and NO pass interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    I thought the incomplete to Washington was a lot more great defense than it was a drop by the WR. The ball gets punched away right at the exact moment needed and NO pass interference.
    What I saw as well......I even thought for a second that B Mac might have been flagged but the replay showed he timed it perfect.