Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

  1. #1
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    Tomlin: Starks injury not serious; Dixon to start Sunday
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


    The injury to the left ankle of Max Starks is not as severe as first thought and he may miss only one game, if that, for the Steelers.

    Coach Mike Tomlin revealed today that Starks has a normal ankle sprain and not a high ankle sprain, which might have caused him to miss up to a month of the season. Tomlin would not dismiss Starks as being available for Sunday's game in Tennessee.

    If Starks does not start, Jonathan Scott would play left tackle against the Titans, Tomlin said.

    Tomlin also announced that Dennis Dixon will make his second straight start at quarterback, and that the injury to Byron Leftwich's left knee has improved to the point that the quarterback might work some with the team in practice on Wednesday. Leftwich missed the opener with a sprained MCL that was injured in the final preseason game.
    Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10257/1087484-100.stm#ixzz0zWhkOm3r"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10257/10 ... z0zWhkOm3r[/url]
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

    [youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    Tomlin: Starks injury not serious; Dixon to start Sunday
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


    The injury to the left ankle of Max Starks is not as severe as first thought and he may miss only one game, if that, for the Steelers.

    Coach Mike Tomlin revealed today that Starks has a normal ankle sprain and not a high ankle sprain, which might have caused him to miss up to a month of the season. Tomlin would not dismiss Starks as being available for Sunday's game in Tennessee.

    If Starks does not start, Jonathan Scott would play left tackle against the Titans, Tomlin said.

    Tomlin also announced that Dennis Dixon will make his second straight start at quarterback, and that the injury to Byron Leftwich's left knee has improved to the point that the quarterback might work some with the team in practice on Wednesday. Leftwich missed the opener with a sprained MCL that was injured in the final preseason game.
    Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10257/1087484-100.stm#ixzz0zWhkOm3r"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10257/10 ... z0zWhkOm3r[/url]
    I'd start Tony Hills at LT and keep Scott as the backup swing tackle on gameday.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    I agree Ruth. I think it is time to see what Hills got. I think he deserves that based on his Preseason. Scott should be active anyway with Legursky if Hills starts & Hills will be active if Scott starts. Give Hills a helmet and a start. I'm tired of guessing what we have!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    So if Lefty is ready to go in ten days, who do you start? Him or DD?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    So if Lefty is ready to go in ten days, who do you start? Him or DD?
    Ask me after the Titan game.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    So if Lefty is ready to go in ten days, who do you start? Him or DD?
    At this point, I'd stay with Dixon rather than bring a guy in that hasn't been playing at game speed.

    Pappy


    1.30) TJ Watt, OLB, Wis
    2.62) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
    3.94) Cameron Sutton, CB, Tenn
    3.105) James Conner, RB, Pitt
    4.135) James Conner, RB, Pitt - Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tenn
    5.156) Brian Allen, CB, Utah
    6.213) Colin Holba, LS, Louiseville
    7.24 Keion Adams, LB, W. Michigan


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    So if Lefty is ready to go in ten days, who do you start? Him or DD?
    Lefty was hurt because he is a statue in the pocket. Unfortunate injury but this was our concern from day 1. With our OL Lefty will be back on crutches if he tried to play anytime soon
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'd start Tony Hills at LT and keep Scott as the backup swing tackle on gameday.

    the Steelers' coaches obviously think Scott plays better at LT than Hills so start Scott and dress Hills as his backup. and if Adams gets hurt, Scott can slide over to RT.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    Hills also played some RT in the preseason...

    If anything happens to Flozell, God forbid, they would probably just plug in Hills...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Tomlin: Dixon to start Sun; Starks injury not serious

    Did we get a Hampton update?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •