Thread: Any Updates on Kemo Injury?

Any Updates on Kemo Injury?

Apparently, he hurt his ankle when he stepped on Starks' foot in Wednesday practice.
    http://www.steelernation.com/forums/sho ... y?p=173942

Haven't been able to find anything from today on this.

EDIT: Never mind, I see the site above has been updated; Kemo expected to play on Sunday.

Legend

Re: Any Updates on Kemo Injury?

Chris Kemoeatu likened it to stepping on a football.

The Steelers' left guard twisted his left ankle in practice on Wednesday forcing him to sit out of yesterday's afternoon session when he accidentally stepped on Max Starks' foot.

"That's a big foot," said Kemoeatu of Starks' size 18 shoe. "I thought I was going to go out there and go to work. They wanted me to lay off it (yesterday) and try to get it right and rehab it as much as I can and come back (today)."

Kemoeatu said he expects to play Sunday when the Steelers open the season against Atlanta.

"It feels good," Kemoeatu said.

If Kemoeatu isn't able to play Sunday, the Steelers will turn to the multi-dimensional Doug Legursky.

Legursky is the backup at both guard spots and center and also plays some fullback in short-yardage situations.

"I did a lot at left guard (in practice yesterday)," Legursky said. "Being a backup guy, you have to be ready to go at any time."

Legursky wasn't the man who filled in for Kemoeatu when he was injured for the last three games of last year. Ramon Foster started at left guard for the Green Bay, Baltimore and Miami games.

Legursky was the backup at center and right guard but added left guard to his repertoire this year.

"Being a center, I can work to the right, work to the left, so that helps me transition from left guard to right guard," Legursky said.

Didn't someone else step on Starks foot recently and inure themselves?

Deja vu?

Max's feet are so slow, he can't even get out of his own way...

Hall of Famer

didnt starks step on ben's foot last year before the season started? hopefully starks stepping on a someones foot is good luck. ben had a monster season last year.