Thread: Happy 73rd birthday

Happy 73rd birthday

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Happy 73rd birthday

After the HoF induction, I bought a LeBeau throwback jersey. It's the only non-Steelers football jersey that I own other than the ones I wore when I played in high school (we were the Vikings, but our colors were red and blue, not awful purple).

The site where I bought it listed in under the Steelers heading. They also had a Lions heading as well, but no LeBeau jersey was listed in the Lions section, even though the LeBeau jersey in the Steeler section was actually a Lions jersey. I guess that goes to show you that it is Steeler fans buying 'em, not Lions fans.

I wore it for the first time to the Penn State game this past weekend (after all, it was a Lions jersey, so it seemed somewhat appropriate, even though it was a lighter shade of blue). A guy approaches me from the front and says "Nice Jahvid Best jersey, man!" as he passes me. Before I can say anything, he finally spots the nameplate on the back and says "Oh..."

I'm considering wearing it our tailgate this year, since our defense is going to have to come up big to stop New England that night...I'll look forward to Jedi Master LeBeau schooling Sith Lord Belichick.