Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancel The Season & Give the SB Trophy to the Ravens...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Cancel The Season & Give the SB Trophy to the Ravens...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelskin
    Too bad Ray Lewis physically retired a year ago.

Too bad Ed Reed got put on PUP making an atrocious secondary worse.

Too bad the Ravens haven't a single deep threat.

This team is hardly flawless, and while it may threaten for the division title, does anyone here really believe they're a lock? I don't see how they're a superior football team to the Steelers, or even the Bengals.

These polls are never accurate and we all know that, so I'm probably wasting my time with this, but don't get caught up in the Ravens-superiority mumbo-jumbo. It's just not true.
    Of course they are a lock because they have three WRs in Whose your mama, Boldin and Mason. Therefore ESPN is falling all over themselves hoping they can be a reliable source of highlight clips for the Sports McNuggets broadcasts.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Great movie. Great quotes so far. Forgot some.

"Maybe poker just isn't your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

"You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all."

"No. Not me. I'm in my prime."

"Nonsense,I have not yet begun to defile myself."

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"

"It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear."

"Poor soul, you were just too high strung."

"You're a daisy if you do."

"Yes, it's true. You are a good woman. Then again, you may be the Antichrist."

"That's what I love about Wyatt. He can talk himself into anything."

"Oh... Johnny, I apologize, I forgot you were there... You may go now."

"There is no normal life Wyatt, There's just life."

"And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?"

"It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut."

"That's the Rumor."

"Evidently, Mr. Ringo is an educated man...Now I really hate him!"

"Say when!"

Doc's Latin:

"In Vino Veritas." In wine is truth / When I'm drinking, I speak my mind.

"Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego." The Jew Apella may believe it, not I / Meaning, Oh I don't believe drinking is what I do best.

"In Pace Requiescat." Rest In Peace / It's Your Funeral!

Two of my favorite scenes.
    [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEIkXMfL1E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEIkXMfL1E[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluJswluQWc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluJswluQWc[/url]

Some of my favorites you missed.

"I've got two guns... One for each of ya!"

"Make no mistake, It's not revenge he's after....It's a reckoning."
    My favorite:

"Why, Kate! You're not wearin' a bustle! How lewd..."
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the ravens will be good but not as good as everyone thinks they will be. their secondary is shot already not to mention ray lewis is ancient. the jets will also have a dissapointing season i think. i hate it when people pick the steelers so i have a good feeling about this season in spite of everything that has happened. btw i cant believe the steelers are getting 2 points at home!! i might be placing a decent size bet this weekend. the steelers always play well opening day.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The article lost all credibility when it called Flacco "elite".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    the ravens will be good but not as good as everyone thinks they will be. their secondary is shot already not to mention ray lewis is ancient. the jets will also have a dissapointing season i think. i hate it when people pick the steelers so i have a good feeling about this season in spite of everything that has happened. btw i cant believe the steelers are getting 2 points at home!! i might be placing a decent size bet this weekend. the steelers always play well opening day.
    Not in the Cowher days. Tomlin prolly a little better.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Not in the Cowher days. Tomlin prolly a little better.
    I believe the Steelers are on a 7 game winning streak for home openers.

Sunday will be 8!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

well I hate the ravens too, BUT they were aggresive with some big signings, they have a questionable secondary, but as of now I think they may have the toughest team in the AFC, so what why are all the yinzers so upset that people are picking them, who cares whow picks who, the play on the field.............2 years ago the experts had the jaguars and cowboys in the super bowl and both those teams did not make the playoffs, so apparently these "experts" have been wrong before..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    well I hate the ravens too, BUT they were aggresive with some big signings, they have a questionable secondary, but as of now I think they may have the toughest team in the AFC, so what why are all the yinzers so upset that people are picking them, who cares whow picks who, the play on the field.............2 years ago the experts had the jaguars and cowboys in the super bowl and both those teams did not make the playoffs, so apparently these "experts" have been wrong before..

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't really care...I'm neither impressed with the Ravens nor their "big signings"...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    That would be a factor only if it was a proven way to succeed.