Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancel The Season & Give the SB Trophy to the Ravens...

Pro Bowler

Cancel The Season & Give the SB Trophy to the Ravens...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5528592

Let the crowing (yes, pun intended) begin for the paper champions...

Solid defense, anchored by a future Hall of Fame linebacker.
    Check.

Elite starting quarterback, according to John Clayton's QB rankings.

Check.

Two veteran star wideouts (T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Anquan Boldin) added to an offense that includes one of the NFL's top young RBs (Ray Rice) and averaged 24.3 points and ranked 13th in the league in 2009.

Check, check and check.

So what's not to like about the Baltimore Ravens, who last appeared in a Super Bowl 10 seasons ago? (Overlook those small issues with the secondary please.)

With eight votes, the Ravens are slightly favored by our 25-person Pigskin Panel to win it all in Arlington, Texas, on Feb. 6, 2011. The Indianapolis Colts, with seven votes, came in second and the Green Bay Packers, with five votes, finished third. With one vote, the defending champion New Orleans Saints didn't get much love.

To quote Doc Holiday in "Tombstone"..."there's just something about him...something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Re: Cancel The Season & Give the SB Trophy to the Ravens...

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life

Check.

Check.

Two veteran star wideouts (T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Anquan Boldin) added to an offense that includes one of the NFL's top young RBs (Ray Rice) and averaged 24.3 points and ranked 13th in the league in 2009.

Check, check and check.

So what's not to like about the Baltimore Ravens, who last appeared in a Super Bowl 10 seasons ago? (Overlook those small issues with the secondary please.)

With eight votes, the Ravens are slightly favored by our 25-person Pigskin Panel to win it all in Arlington, Texas, on Feb. 6, 2011. The Indianapolis Colts, with seven votes, came in second and the Green Bay Packers, with five votes, finished third. With one vote, the defending champion New Orleans Saints didn't get much love.

To quote Doc Holiday in "Tombstone"..."there's just something about him...something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
    Quoth Woodley, "Why Joe Flacco, you look like someone just walked over your grave."

Darn it seemed as if the season was just about to start and now it's over already

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

This is my kind of thread

I'm your huckleberry

One of the greatest movies of all time.

I look forward to the Ratbirds D getting exposed this year.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

[quote="Jooser"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life

Check.

Solid defense, anchored by a future Hall of Fame S.
    Check.

Check.

Elite starting QB, according to two rings on his finger.

Check.

Two veteran star receivers, one of which will be a Hall of Famer, the other being Heath Miller, and another who led the league in YPC and YAC (??). One of the top young RB's in the league (Mendenhall) and averaged 23 points and ranked 12th in the league (NFL.com)

Check, check, and check.

Check, check and check.

So what's not to like about the Pittsburgh Steelers, who last appearned in the Super Bowl 19 MONTHS ago? (overlook those small issues with the OL please

Quoth Woodley, "Why Joe Flacco, you look like someone just walked over your grave."

[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by PlayForBlood
    This is my kind of thread

I'm your huckleberry
    Classic quote...I said this for years before I even knew what the heck it meant...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

Great movie. Great quotes so far. Forgot some.

"Maybe poker just isn't your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

"You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all."

"No. Not me. I'm in my prime."

"Nonsense,I have not yet begun to defile myself."

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"

"It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear."

"Poor soul, you were just too high strung."

"You're a daisy if you do."

"Yes, it's true. You are a good woman. Then again, you may be the Antichrist."

"That's what I love about Wyatt. He can talk himself into anything."

"Oh... Johnny, I apologize, I forgot you were there... You may go now."

"There is no normal life Wyatt, There's just life."

"And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?"

"It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut."

"That's the Rumor."

"Evidently, Mr. Ringo is an educated man...Now I really hate him!"

"Say when!"

Doc's Latin:

"In Vino Veritas." In wine is truth / When I'm drinking, I speak my mind.

"Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego." The Jew Apella may believe it, not I / Meaning, Oh I don't believe drinking is what I do best.

"In Pace Requiescat." Rest In Peace / It's Your Funeral!

Two of my favorite scenes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEIkXMfL1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluJswluQWc

Some of my favorites you missed.

"I've got two guns... One for each of ya!"

"Make no mistake, It's not revenge he's after....It's a reckoning."

Legend

Heard the same thing about the Browns several years ago. How'd that work out?

Flacco is a game manager and is way overrated. The defense will take a step back this season. I think they will be neck and neck with the Steelers even with Goodell spotting them a 4 game advantage.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Benchwarmer

Too bad Ray Lewis physically retired a year ago.

Too bad Ed Reed got put on PUP making an atrocious secondary worse.

Too bad the Ravens haven't a single deep threat.

This team is hardly flawless, and while it may threaten for the division title, does anyone here really believe they're a lock? I don't see how they're a superior football team to the Steelers, or even the Bengals.

These polls are never accurate and we all know that, so I'm probably wasting my time with this, but don't get caught up in the Ravens-superiority mumbo-jumbo. It's just not true.