Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Active 45 Not Active 8

  1. #11

    Re: Active 45 Not Active 8

    By the end of the year I can see ARE no longer on the active roster.

    He will not be returning punts and all he brings is his receiving skills - which are nothing worth holding a spot for.

    If either Brown or Battle can get some snaps and a comfort level at the slot position then ARE is redundant.

    At that point I would much rather find a spot for Sanders or Lewis.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Active 45 Not Active 8

    If ARE is the emergency QB, i dont think he can occupy a game day roster spot for WR also. I think he is only restricted to not entering the game as QB before the fourth quarter but if he jumps in at WR its OK. Anyone certain of the rule on that?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  3. #13

    Re: Active 45 Not Active 8

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    By the end of the year I can see ARE no longer on the active roster.

    He will not be returning punts and all he brings is his receiving skills - which are nothing worth holding a spot for.

    If either Brown or Battle can get some snaps and a comfort level at the slot position then ARE is redundant.

    At that point I would much rather find a spot for Sanders or Lewis.
    Agree. What does ARE bring to the party??? Let Hines be the b/u QB.

  4. #14
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,256

    Re: Active 45 Not Active 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    By the end of the year I can see ARE no longer on the active roster.

    He will not be returning punts and all he brings is his receiving skills - which are nothing worth holding a spot for.

    If either Brown or Battle can get some snaps and a comfort level at the slot position then ARE is redundant.

    At that point I would much rather find a spot for Sanders or Lewis.
    Agree. What does ARE bring to the party??? Let Hines be the b/u QB.
    Randle El wasn't the guy who didn't fight for the (albeit poor) pass by Dixon that was intercepted and returned for a TD. Randle El wasn't the guy who ran the wrong route which made Charlie Batch look like Neil O'Donnell on another interception for a TD in the same game.

    In these first 4 games, we do not need rookie mistakes costing us touchdowns. Randle El is a solid vet who understands his role. Sanders shows promise, but needs more seasoning before he is ready for prime time.

  5. #15

    Re: Active 45 Not Active 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    CB---- 4-----They have six. 2 have to be NA. You pick em. Not my choice, but according to the latest depth chart it would probably be young players like Butler and K. Lewis.

    This is why I hate Madison making the team. We may have to have Keenan Lewis not playing so Madison can make one special team tackle per game. Wasting the development of a real player we need in the future.
    I really hated it last year when we didn't make that 1 ST tackle in 1/2 of the games.

  6. #16

    Re: Active 45 Not Active 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    CB---- 4-----They have six. 2 have to be NA. You pick em. Not my choice, but according to the latest depth chart it would probably be young players like Butler and K. Lewis.

    This is why I hate Madison making the team. We may have to have Keenan Lewis not playing so Madison can make one special team tackle per game. Wasting the development of a real player we need in the future.
    I really hated it last year when we didn't make that 1 ST tackle in 1/2 of the games.
    $$$
    I don't see why some people can't understand the importance of ST's, even after poor ST play cost us as much as it did last season.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Active 45 Not Active 8

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    CB---- 4-----They have six. 2 have to be NA. You pick em. Not my choice, but according to the latest depth chart it would probably be young players like Butler and K. Lewis.

    This is why I hate Madison making the team. We may have to have Keenan Lewis not playing so Madison can make one special team tackle per game. Wasting the development of a real player we need in the future.
    I really hated it last year when we didn't make that 1 ST tackle in 1/2 of the games.
    $$$
    I don't see why some people can't understand the importance of ST's, even after poor ST play cost us as much as it did last season.
    I certainly agree with that but what I don't understand is with all the special team aces we brought in and keeping Madison why did we still look so lousy in the pre-season?

    I hope it was because of the mixture of people we were looking at. Cause if it isn't we are in for another long season watching punt and kick-off returns.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •