Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active 45 Not Active 8

Active 45 Not Active 8

Who's playing Sunday. To get down to the allowed 45 there has been a lot of speculation that it will be necessary to deactivate Sanders to get to 45. Going by what the Steelers have done in past years here's how it might look.

LB-----7-----They have nine 2 of these three will probably be NA. Sylvester,Worilds,Gibson

DL-----6-----easy one all 6 active. Last year the Steelers carried 7 ---6A---1NA

CB---- 4-----They have six. 2 have to be NA. You pick em. Not my choice, but according to the latest depth chart it would probably be young players like Butler and K. Lewis.

S------4-----Another easy one. UNLESS--Will explain later.

-------21 Active 4 NA

RB----4-----set

TE----3-----set

QB----2-----1NA BL was not available anyway.

OL----7-----There are 9 so 2 will be NA. This will not be as easy as last year since the starters played the entire game. Legursky and Foster were Active, but did not play. Hills and Urbik were NA. Could be similar this year. That would make Hills and J.Scott NA. Maybe not.

WR----5-----1NA ----This will total 21 Active--4 NA. Add the 3ST for 45A +8NA=53

They can only activate 5 of the 6 WR's. UNLESS - someone can figure out someway to open 1 more spot.

What I have read was since Antonio Brown is the #1KR and #1PR on the depth chart, and Arnez Battle is a key ST player that seems to leave only Sanders. I would like to see him play, but how? UNLESS---

Legend

Re: Active 45 Not Active 8

CB---- 4-----They have six. 2 have to be NA. You pick em. Not my choice, but according to the latest depth chart it would probably be young players like Butler and K. Lewis.

This is why I hate Madison making the team. We may have to have Keenan Lewis not playing so Madison can make one special team tackle per game. Wasting the development of a real player we need in the future.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Hall of Famer

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13359

Disagree on a few of your points....

1. "4 RB----set"- Why? We could easily sit Dwyer. Kid doesn't play special teams. Only way he sees the field is if there is an injury. We should be able to survive with 3 RBs.

2. "S------4" Not necessarily. Wil Allen can back up both safety spots. Mundy will probably play because he is good on special teams. But, Mundy is not essential.

3. I'd be shocked if we didn't dress 5 CBs. BMac, Gay, and Ike are givens. Madison for special teams and Lewis for depth/dimeback. It is possible we could go with 4, but unlikely.

I'd say the inactives are...

1. Leftwich
    2. J. Scott
    3. Hills (only plays LT)
    4. Dwyer
    5. Gibson
    6. Worilds
    7. Butler
    8. Sanders (Brown for kickoffs/PR)

(5 of our 8 rookies should be inactive)
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

This is why I hate Madison making the team. We may have to have Keenan Lewis not playing so Madison can make one special team tackle per game. Wasting the development of a real player we need in the future.

Oh, how quickly we forget. Do you really want to go back to giving up a TD per game on ST's?

You may consider Madison to not be a "real player." But on ST's--which are a very real and vital part of the game--he is one of the best we have. We released some of the few good ST contributors we had...do you want to see us completely gut our ST's?

That could amount to sacrificing the present season, IMO.

After several weeks of play, if other players step up on ST's and prove Madison to be expendable, well, then that's another story. But right now, it's just too big a risk to get rid of ALL our proven ST players.

Which brings up a question or future question: Keenan Lewis or Crezdon Butler. Personally, I like Butler over Lewis, but it's not a shoot-me-if-not thing.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Oh, how quickly we forget. Do you really want to go back to giving up a TD per game on ST's?

You may consider Madison to not be a "real player." But on ST's--which are a very real and vital part of the game--he is one of the best we have. We released some of the few good ST contributors we had...do you want to see us completely gut our ST's?

After several weeks of play, if other players step up on ST's and prove Madison to be expendable, well, then that's another story. But right now, it's just too big a risk to get rid of ALL our proven ST players.
    You fixed the problem by adding Battle and Allen. Keeping Madison was overkill since he offers so little anywhere else.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    Which brings up a question or future question: Keenan Lewis or Crezdon Butler. Personally, I like Butler over Lewis, but it's not a shoot-me-if-not thing.
    Before you posted this I had replied to Steelbloods post. It did not submit. It was something like this.

Dwyer! Yeah, almost sure you're right on this. They do have TE D. Johnson also listed as a FB, and last year one of the 4 backs was FB Summers. They will also probably add a CB and Keenan Lewis was on the 45 last year, but I'll bet a lot of fans would like to see Crezdon Butler.

However, still no Sanders. UNLESS the Will Allen option is used. Even then the Steelers might just reinforce another position.[possibly an OL to spell a getting a bit older Flozell]

Yeah, it's starting to look like fans of E. Sanders are not going to see him catch a game winning TD Sunday.

Pro Bowler

STs are uber importante while Ben is away. When Ben comes back, I imagine we cut one of the ST aces. And bring back someone like Burnett.
    I think noone has been able to pick up Burnett cause the Steelers promised him that spot and maybe an increase in salary to stay in da Burgh for 4 weeks.
    We'll see. Conspiracy Theory.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

You fixed the problem by adding Battle and Allen. Keeping Madison was overkill since he offers so little anywhere else.
    I am not convinced the problem was "fixed" by adding Battle and Allen. I do not recall Battle, in particular, doing much of note on ST's in the preseason.

And after last season's ST's debacle, I think I would rather err on the side of a little "overkill."

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

If Chadman was a betting man, which, lucky for you guys, he is, here is where he would put his money for the Active 45..

QB- 2
    Dixon, Batch (ARE as emergency)

RB- 4
    Mendenhall, Moore, Redman, Dwyer (Here's betting the FO isn't super comfortable if Mendy was to get hurt, relying on Moore/Redman only. Dwyer is the best pure RB after Mendy on the roster)

WR- 5
    Ward, Wallace, ARE, Battle, Brown- (Sanders misses out- who is he taking receptions from at this point? ARE is slot, and with Dixon throwing- not many passes are going out- might change when Ben returns).

TE- 3
    Miller, Speath, Johnson (Johnson plays FB)

OL- 7
    Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Essex, Adams, Legursky, J Scott (Scott adds more versatility than Foster- able to play RT & OG, moving Adams to LT if Starks was to get injured. Scott also has played under Kugs previously- might give him more advantage to fill in in emergency).

ST- 3
    Reed, Sepulveda, Warren

DL- 6
    Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Hood, Hoke, Eason

LB- 7
    Harrison, Timmons, Farrior, Woodley, Foote, Fox, Gibson (Gibson gets the nod over Worilds- more athletic for ST. If an OLB goes down- Timmons moves outside, moving Foote inside.)

DB- 8
    Taylor, McFadden, Polamalu, Clark, Gay, Allen, Lewis, Madison. (Believe Gay played some snaps, a la Townsend, at FS during camp- IF the Steelers were to lose BOTH Safties, Allen to SS & Gay to FS)

Inactive-
    Sanders, Butler, Mundy, Hills, Foster, Worilds, Sylvester, Leftwich
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00