Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over/Under - ARE

Pro Bowler

Re: Over/Under - ARE

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Under. If he throws a pass we have lost the game.
    You mean like SB40?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Under. If he throws a pass we have lost the game.
    As a qb, or on a gadget play? Because the last gadget pass I remember him throwing for the Steelers seemed to work out ok.

Like I said, if ARE has to throw a pass because we have resorted to gadget plays we have lost.
    What? You don't resort to "gadget" plays...you call them at timely moments in the game, whether your behind or not.

I hate the term "gadget" because to me it has a negative connotation. These are legitimate plays that maximize the skill set of your players and attack deficiencies in a defense. Many are as old as the game itself and they are always practiced repeatedly before they are implemented. Sure, there's usually a little trickery, set-up, or misdirection involved, but those are all parts of the game.

It doesn't seem to fall in BA's nature to call these types of plays...I'll sadly take the under.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Given the situation, given that Dixon is not a 'complete' QB, that Mendy will need to carry a lot of the load, that the OL can't always sustain drives & grind defenses into the ground- the importance of a player like ARE might be undervalued around here.

Essentially, ARE is one of those guys that could creat that little play, here or there, that leads to points, that an otherwise unreliable offense (given the current circumstances) might not be able to produce.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Given the situation, given that Dixon is not a 'complete' QB, that Mendy will need to carry a lot of the load, that the OL can't always sustain drives & grind defenses into the ground- the importance of a player like ARE might be undervalued around here.

Essentially, ARE is one of those guys that could creat that little play, here or there, that leads to points, that an otherwise unreliable offense (given the current circumstances) might not be able to produce.

So is that an over or an under?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

give me the over. He ran a reverse against the Giants that Justin Tuck shut down before it got started, but I'm pretty darn sure I saw him rotating the ball in his hand to get ready to throw it on that play.

I think they were running the SB40 play again maybe. For old times sake.

And there's another pass coming from ARE in the near future.

Benchwarmer

Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I think Double D is gonna have a nice game (en route to a 3-1/4-0 start) and we're not going to want to take him off the field.

That being said, put me down for the under. El will have a quietly productive 5-43-1 td day receiving.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

So is that an over or an under?
    Considering he's from Down Under, I'd mark him down for "under"